Help help help!!!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have some questions and really need some help. I went to flash liberty last night and everything went fine, I was doing this pretty late last night, until i realized i was in an infinite boot loop which i eventually fixed.
Everything was going great and i love the theme but there was one little thing that was wrong... i had no keyboard backlight and i just can not live without that can this be fixed??

At some point last night i just restored thinking i installed it wrong somehow? well i got everything back except i have extras :icon_eek: my backlight is still gone and i have the liberty startup instead of the M... What can i do to fix this...

All help is appreciated

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
why do you need to get to the moto screen? mine did the same thing at first and after a few days of use it will work fine when the ROM starts setting in good all will be fine

trook

Reaction score
The moto logo is gone, it gets replaced by the liberty logo, the only way to get it back is to wipe cache and do a factory reset, but I highly recommend trying liberty again, its the best rom I've used. And I've used them all. I have been running liberty since it came out and have never had a backlight issue.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C
Reaction score
I was just curious incase I need to take this baby back to best buy I have only had it for about 2 months now. I am going to try it again but quick question.. with tool box can I change the boot logo to whatever I want like if I made a custom one?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
you can choose from the list he has provided in the toolbox but if you wanna get really deap in the ROM you can change it yourself if you know how....and just a factory reset will take the ROM away and back to stock if you need to

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually a factory reset won't take the Rom away and it will leave the logo as is. If you want to replace the logo back to stock or really anything look for a thread in the dx hacks section titled custom boot logos I'll create. It has the stock MOTO and tons of others and instructions on how to change them.

tappin and a talkin

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Not thread jacking but when i factory reseted squids rom it did for some reason but it might have just been mine and a glitch and spazz is the D2 man so listen to him lol good luck

Tappen and Talken

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually a factory reset won't take the Rom away and it will leave the logo as is. If you want to replace the logo back to stock or really anything look for a thread in the dx hacks section titled custom boot logos I'll create. It has the stock MOTO and tons of others and instructions on how to change them.

tappin and a talkin

Actually, that's not true. If you do a wipe cache/data via Recovery, you will lose the Liberty boot animation, and it will also kill the symlinks to the Liberty Tool Box causing FC's.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I've done factory resets before and not lost my boot logo but I can't speak to the tool box thing. Regardless though a factory reset will still leave you on liberty and not on the stock Rom.

tappin and a talkin