HELP... gingerbread

cccmhhh

Reaction score
Battery life is WAY shorter now. The phone is way slower responding to any tasks such as changing from one app to another. Camera is way slower.. THese are just a few and I will get back with more. thanks

AZ8

Reaction score
Still getting used to the colors. Not sure. Battery usage seems faster. Will give it a day or two for the battery to "learn" my habits and see if the %'s improve.

One annoyance: Im a heavy texter. Im not rooted and using stock text app. After the GB update, I lost the dedicated "smiley" key on the keyboard. :) I know, kinda silly, but I used that key ALL the time. Now it takes several steps just to insert a smiley. Oh well.

Still getting used to the new layout. I am concerned about the battery tho.......will get the true battery test tomorrow at work. I better take my charger with me, just in case. Never had to do that before.

HotFudge

Reaction score
Mine's been screwy since I installed GB.

*Battery life is shorter, phone gets hotter too.
*Randomly dies and reboots
*Missing apps and occasionally missing the task bar
*Music player won't load
*Can't view pictures
*Occasionally get a blank black screen when unlocking phone
*Lots of force closes.

baboon619

Reaction score
I so far have some minor issues/annoyances.

1. Space bar does not work all the time while typing.
2. Slow switching between apps
3. Just added a second email account and it doesn't update. First account does but second account I have to go into my inbox most of the time to check mail.
4. When scrolling and hitting the top or bottom limits I see this wide transparent blue bar bounce from the top or bottom if the screen.
5. Oh... where's my smilies on the keyboard?

I do have to say overall I am pleased with the update to GB and apps do seems to run smoother despite longer launch times.

From my Dx humanoid

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I asked Moto on Twitter today when we were getting the update that fixes all the bugs in the Gb update. (no response of course).

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
You're not gonna get a half decent response, if any, just the generic "thank you for your question, unfortunately we have no idea what you're talking about".

And I've been having tethering issues through the roof, battery, I can't really say, and yea that space bar thing really pisses me off Haha... although I noticed it more in Apex 2.0 beta (gb based) than my current stock gb.

And more on tethering, I get that 3G (data connection) icon disappearing and reappearing, its resetting the data connection for no reason, had this issue in Froyo too, but it was fixed by going into advanced wifi settings and setting auto sleep to never. In addition to that, USB tethering isn't working right, and mobile hotspot doesn't recognize a device is connected (doesn't show green icon in not. bar) so my computer doesn't end up with internet half the time.... To those weary of a Froyo downgrade, consider that Gingerbread does basically nothing for us save for the look.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Slighter

Reaction score
In call volume bottomed out, inaudible, whether initiating or receiving a call
and drops out out again repeatedly, randomly during calls after I have raised the volume.
extremely annoying

philnolan3d

Reaction score
You're not gonna get a half decent response, if any, just the generic "thank you for your question, unfortunately we have no idea what you're talking about".

I didn't actually expect a response at all (and didn't get one). I was just making a sarcastic comment.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Mine's been screwy since I installed GB.

*Battery life is shorter, phone gets hotter too.
*Randomly dies and reboots
*Missing apps and occasionally missing the task bar
*Music player won't load
*Can't view pictures
*Occasionally get a blank black screen when unlocking phone
*Lots of force closes.
This really sounds like you need to do a hard reset before you continue on. When my phone went from 2.1 to 2.2, I had to do a hard reset to solve lots of issues. It's a pain but sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and do it.

Just make a list of all the apps you've installed, make sure you've backed up your contact data to Google or the Verizon backup assistant, connect your phone to your computer and backup the SD card data and hard reset the phone.

You'll have to reload all the apps (paid ones should reload fine) and check your contacts and other settings to make sure it's all there but I'm willing to bet that a lot of your issues will disappear with the hard reset.

Kevin

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I am getting more and more annoyed with the fact that I can't easily place the text cursor where I want it. On web pages like forums it's even worse.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am getting more and more annoyed with the fact that I can't easily place the text cursor where I want it. On web pages like forums it's even worse.

Its alot harder to copy items and you can't access the clipboard like on Froyo

sent from my ZombieStomped X