help gingerbread update gone wrong emergency!

OP
K

kevlar22

Reaction score
whats the best course of action?

i really do have to thank you so very much for helping me out

OP
K

kevlar22

Reaction score
thank you very much ill try doing that first

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
I would suggest reading through everything before you do it. Once you are done with the SBF and your phone reboots, you will need to enter in your gmail name and password. Your phone will sync with your gmail account and your contacts and apps (most of them, occasionally a few get lost in the shuffle) will redownload to your phone. This will probably keep you up for a while, and I've never worked on a Droid X. If you have any further issues, come back to the forums and log in. Click on forums then scroll down to the rescue squad. Put a link to this thread in your post so whoever helps you can see what you have done up to that point. Good luck! Do you have any further questions before I take off?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
If you would feel more comfortable I can see if I can contact someone from the rescue squad to assist you from this point on. I'm just at the end of my knowledge base for doing what you are going to do. And don't worry, these guys have mad skills and will get you up and running w/o problems.

OP
K

kevlar22

Reaction score
is there any way i could learn about flashing and ROMs and all this?
im confused with all these terms
sry for being such a noob

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
Sure. Lets talk about rooting first: Rooting is gaining "administrator" access to your phone. For example, your work computer is probably locked down by the IT guys so everyone doesn't screw up the network. They have "administrator" or "superuser" access to the computer system. By rooting your phone you now have that same kind of access to your phone. You can then "flash" (install) a new ROM. Flash and install have the same basic meaning in it's basic terms.

Your phone runs Google's operating system Android. Then Motorola puts their own spin on the OS, then so does Verizon. By installing a custom operating system (ROM) you are getting rid of some of the extra, sometimes unwanted, features that Moto and Verizon have put on the phone. Developers put their own spin on each ROM to make it the best, lastest, greatest, so on so forth.

That's everything in as basic an answer as I can give without confusing myself lol!

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S8
BTW, if you want to install anything or force further updates to your phone, check here first. Never been lead wrong before. I'm not saying the other site lead you wrong, but you are here looking for help :). Those instructions seemed to be alomost to basic to me, like they missed a step or two.

Last edited: