Help getting themed GB keyboard working on 2.2

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cant for the life of me get it to work.

The Sourcery settings script to install GB keyboard puts com.android.inputmethod.gbltn-1.apk into the /data/app folder on the phone. It works fine as is.

problem is...I want to include the themed keyboard (which has always worked for me like this) Install LatinIME.apk to /system/app...delete LatinIMEGoogle.apk if its there. Reboot.

This is not working for me on sourcery. I cant figure out why. Ive managed to install a themed "android" keyboard, but it kills the suggested words feature.

This is becoming frustrating as I cannot think of any way to get it working.

Any help would be much appreciated.

see attachment...remove the .zip from the end.

Attachments

• LatinIME.apk.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 482

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
cant help you there buddy.. never tried it but i'll mess around with that zip and i'll let you know in case i figure something out. This seems like a mission for our divorced creators.. ;-)

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh well probably pull the keyboard then. No worries

Sent from my Droid

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I had this happen with Incinerated ... users have to install the sourcery GB keyboard prior to loading the theme. After that all was good. Not the ideal solution but I haven't had ppl complain ... probably cuz nobody is using it :p

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol..Yank. did u script to install to /data/app?

Sent from my Droid

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
liking it

G2x charging at 80%.

So.. how doe's it feel so far.. ?

Do you recommend ?

very fast. even regina launcer no lag. there is some light bleed on top and bottom kinda like on alot of tv's its minimal and only noticible with black blacks but not bothersome, i mention because alot of people are complaining about it its not a big deal. some have complained of reboots i havent seen any go launcher live wallpaper did lock it up needed a battery pull but sure not the phones fault. havent had enough time to test it yet but looks good so far. i lowered my verizon service to as low as i could go but got a new number for now will port over after i decide its a keeper.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
still doesnt work. Just force closing on the keyboard even if I install the GB keyboard via sourcery settings first.

Not going to include it

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
That's weird ... I would get the FC's too but once I installed the GB KB from the Sourcery settings and reapplied the theme all was good.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I had this happen with Incinerated ... users have to install the sourcery GB keyboard prior to loading the theme. After that all was good. Not the ideal solution but I haven't had ppl complain ... probably cuz nobody is using it :p

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yank, I did what you suggested on your excellent Incinerated theme, and it worked fine for me. I'm not running Sourcery anymore, but I wanted to let you know that installing the GB keyboard *before* installing the theme seemed to be the ticket.

-Mike