1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

help getting sprecovery 0.99.2b to work with HC 2.1 SU ROM - Clear Status Bar

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by marty4short, Jan 13, 2010.

1. marty4short

marty4short New Member

I have tried doing this but when i do it wont boot to the new sprecovery and I loose root access after reboot. Is there a easier way to do this through a nandroid backup?

-Plug in your DROID to your PC, Copy the 0.99.2b IMG file to your SD card first, then copy the Droid Root Helper APK to the SD card. (Download here: AllDroid.org - Information
    -on your phone, Install the DroidRootHelper APK using a file manager (Like Astro)
    -Run DroidRoot Helper
    -Click on "Mount mtdblock3 System read/write"
    -Click "Sync"
    -Click "Rename recovery-from-boot.p" (This will make sure your new Sprecovery stays permanent)
    -Click on "Install and chmod busybox(installs to /system/bin)"
    -Click on "Install and chmod flash_image (busybox must be installed first)
    -NOW EXIT THE PRGRAM
    -your phone should still be plugged into your PC via USB (make sure you have Debug mode enabled on your phone)
    -go to your dos prompt, and navigate to your ADB tools folder
    -install the new SPrecovery to your phone by running the following command:

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.2b.img
    -wait a minute or so, it should only take like 30 seconds to flash but there is no status bar or indicator so I like to wait a little bit.
    -now Power off your DROID, then unplug the USB cable
    -Power it on WHILE HOLDING THE X KEY
  2. Topsy

Topsy New Member

That's the problem with Droid roothelper in my opinion.

1) Still lists mtdblock3 where it's been proven time and again on the forums that it is mtdblock4 on the droid, it was mtdblock3 on the G1.

2) Hasn't been updated to reflect current recovery images.
  3. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member Premium Member

use adb, so much easier and sholes has awesome install guide to make it easy. make your life 100% easier. also DRH dont work on sholes new roms i believe. not sure on newest rom bc i dont use DRH anymore.

www.sholes.info top right there is a link for installation.