Help getting drivers

djwill13

Reaction score
Please don't roast me. I've tried to use the search feature to find links on the drivers, but the only thing I can ever get is: DROID by Motorola Support - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

I click on "download usb and PC Charging", and I've downloaded everything there. Still, I can't seem to get the right drivers. Am I in the wrong spot? Am I not doing something right?

Please forgive me for being such a noob. I'm currently trying to root/hack my original droid. Before I forget, I'm running Vista 62 bit. I remember having this same issue getting started with drivers back when I had the original Razr. Any help here would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
D

djwill13

Reaction score
Wrong forum, wrong page. :) No worries, though, because I have you covered.

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

On that page is this link.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/Experiences/Global_Drivers/USB_Drivers_bit_4.8.0.exe

Install, run, clean out old drivers, reboot, run, install new drivers. Should be good to go. :)
Thank you, and my sincerest apologies. I've downloaded both the links at the bottom of that page, and still can't get RSD Lite to connect. I've tried both as a zip file and unzipping the file, and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Is that the wrong link (
PC Driver 1 (W370, W375, W376g, W377) and (
PC Driver 2 (W216, W230, W230x, W23x, W259, W270, W270x, W27x, W388, W396, W397, W397v)

After downloading these, I hook up my phone, turn it off, run RSD Lite, and then turn the phone on. I tell it where to find the drivers, and I get this error: SE Flash OMAP3430 MI

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Reread my post. I linked you to the program you need to run at this point.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

OP
D

djwill13

Reaction score
Reread my post. I linked you to the program you need to run at this point.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.
Thanks, I got it now. Very much appreciated. Now, time to find some cool stuff to do now that I'm rooted lol. Again, thanks

CW5JKS

Reaction score
My head hurts, my ego is non-existant, and I am very ashamed to to ask these or this question. I have been trying for two days to get this to work so I can root Droid 1. I want to use Motocache1's instruction. Have everything in the right place. Start RDSLite and it will not recognize my phone - problem with SE Flash OMAP 3430 MI. I know I have down loaded the drivers. But some where I have got off on a bad track and can not get back. I would like to start fresh and I would like key by key instructions from how to get to the site, to how and what to download, how to install the correct drivers. Some where I have done something wrong and it is stuck in my mind and I am way out in left field. I know this request sounds kind of crase. Generally if I walk away from something or sleep on it, it will jump right out at me when I go back. I have read a lot of posts and still I have not found that one little thing that jumps out at me and I can say AW thats it. This is such a simple thing to get on the wrong path and screw it up. Thanks for any help. Been reading this forum for quite awhile, but just now joined. Great people and their willingness to help is outstanding. Thanks to any and all who help.

CW5JKS

Reaction score
I know you are saying "why did he not go to Motocache's post". Maybe I should have, but I got to his post using your link about FRG83D. Thanks again. If I can not get this to work I will buy a Droid X. Want to connect to a Xoom using WiFi or Bluetooth.

CW5JKS

Reaction score
Disregard the above to posts. I just went to another computer and started all over and it worked. Thanks for not burning me.

mr_silent

Reaction score
Just want to add for future users, that running programs such as RSD lite and fastboot require a newer model pc with USB 2.0 ports or they will not be able to maintain a connection to your device.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums