Help getting back to stock

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by rwking, Jun 20, 2012.

1. rwking

rwking Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I admit that I f'ed up. I would love some help getting back to stock and rooted as I have a Nandroid backup that I'd like to flash to.

I flashed CM9 ICS and safestrap recovery. I was having issues with the ROM, so I decided to ditch it. However, I couldn't use my previous Nandroid backup because it was made with Clockwork Mod. So, I tried uninstalling safestrap and installing Bootstrap. Needless to say, I was unable to reboot into recovery. Now, I'm stuck with a phone that can't boot - gets stuck on "Android is Upgrading" every time.

I've tried flashing several FXZ files with RSD Lite, but it keeps failing, usually at step 1. I did install the .905 OTA yesterday, so I don't know if that has something to do with my problems.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  2. rwking

rwking Member

Ratings:
    +1
    155 views but no one has any advice? This is not good... :-/
  3. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    With what you have going on you should have no problems using rsd and the 902 fxz file to get back to square one.
  4. rwking

rwking Member

Ratings:
    +1
    A few hours after I posted the original request for help, my batter failed. So, I was also dealing with a dead battery last night. Fortunately, I came across this great post about stripping a USB cable and giving the phone a "jump." It might not be the greatest of ideas, but it worked and I was able to get my phone back to stock.

USB Cable data bypass: bit.ly/hAflFy

Now I'm going to re-root and get back to where I was. :)
Search tags for this page

how to get a droid bionic back to stock

how to get droid bionic back to stock#gsc.tab