Help getting back to stock

rwking

Reaction score
So I admit that I f'ed up. I would love some help getting back to stock and rooted as I have a Nandroid backup that I'd like to flash to.

I flashed CM9 ICS and safestrap recovery. I was having issues with the ROM, so I decided to ditch it. However, I couldn't use my previous Nandroid backup because it was made with Clockwork Mod. So, I tried uninstalling safestrap and installing Bootstrap. Needless to say, I was unable to reboot into recovery. Now, I'm stuck with a phone that can't boot - gets stuck on "Android is Upgrading" every time.

I've tried flashing several FXZ files with RSD Lite, but it keeps failing, usually at step 1. I did install the .905 OTA yesterday, so I don't know if that has something to do with my problems.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
155 views but no one has any advice? This is not good... :-/

jcwilliams

Reaction score
With what you have going on you should have no problems using rsd and the 902 fxz file to get back to square one.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
A few hours after I posted the original request for help, my batter failed. So, I was also dealing with a dead battery last night. Fortunately, I came across this great post about stripping a USB cable and giving the phone a "jump." It might not be the greatest of ideas, but it worked and I was able to get my phone back to stock.

USB Cable data bypass: bit.ly/hAflFy

Now I'm going to re-root and get back to where I was. :)