Help getting back to droid!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by curiousgeorge, Dec 2, 2011.

1. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, I have been watching these forums for two years ever since I got the OG droid and this is my first post! What a great community. Now on to business.

I have an interesting dilemma, my contract expired and I jumped on the opportunity to play with siri and the new iphone 4s assuming it would hold me off as a delay until the Gnex came out. I am very impulsive, especially with technology. After a day with it, I was pretty convinced I wanted android back so I put it up for trade on craigslist just to see what the interest was. Someone offered to trade a brand new D3 and an 16gb iPhone 4 for my 4s. I am pretty confident it is legit, and they have agreed to meet at a verizon store check out the esn's etc. Is this a good option? Otherwise I would pay the 35 bucks and either get on the Gnex, RAZR, flavor of the months bandwagon. Is this a good trade? Or should I just wait? PS I have until Jan 9 to return the iphone. I live in Minneapolis and 4g is good here, I also need GPS to get around this place as I moved here for school. I currently have a droid 2 which is meeting all of my needs, but my wants are another story!

Thanks!

2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Senior Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Ratings:
    +30
    OK, First things first! Welcome to the forums! :biggrin: Great to have you out of the shadows! dancedroid

Sounds like a good deal, what is the plan for the iPhone 4 that you'd trade? The d3 is a great phone except for the fact its only 3g. The D4 is coming pretty soon, I think it's worth the wait, I would pay the $35 and jump on the Nexus. I'm glad you came back to Android! :clap: Ultimately the choice is yours the only difference I see is the 4g... other than that, its pretty near the same as any phone on the market!

3. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I went to the store and looked at the droid 3, but with the Gnex release "seeming" to be soon I think its worth it now. Thanks for your input!