HELP from 1 Droid to another...

JXD

Reaction score
Bad news: I was blasted drunk and somehow shattered the LCD on my Droid X Saturday night.

Good news: As I call Verizon Sunday morning to get Asurion's number, it prompts me that my upgrade is available...

Better news: I trust those here on this forum that are smarter than I ;)

So after spending the last couple of days solid doing all the homework I can about all the available phones, I've learned... (And correct me if I'm wrong)

My options are:
Droid X2 (horrible battery life)
Droid Charge (missing notification LED on front)
LG Revolution (bad battery life and takes forever to charge)
HTC Thunderbolt (missing GB like all above it)

I can't stress enough when I say that I LOVE my X! Sure Motoblur sucks lol and the camera struggles in low light situations when I'm intoxicated... But I recently got the OTA Gingerbread update and it runs great, I can't complain about many bugs and I've got the whole phone configured exactly how I like it. Upwards of 150 applications all customized to operate exactly how I want them to.

Most importantly; I've learned from reading this forum that my BEST OPTION is to wait for the Bionic which sounds like it's going to be a beast! So I'm going to call Asurion tomorrow and get a replacement X to hang onto until the Bionic hits.

So my big question for you guys: What's the best way to carry as many of my applications and configurations over to my new phone with it comes? I have appbrain and have all my apps sync'd, my friend tells me when I install appbrain on my replacement phone an hit sync it'll auto load all my apps from old phone, is this correct? Also, my big question is all the apps I've purchased, do I have to repurchase them with each new phone I have or will they carry over after I log in with my gmail account?

Sorry for all the ridiculous questions and the wall of text. If it's not obvious enough already, this is my first droid... So please if anyone is willing to shoot me some answers, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
~J×D

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I slept from 10 pm to 1:30 pm today (before I had to go to class). I didn't even wake up in the middle of the night. I took a nap from 4-5 and I'm still tired now.

I don't see how that has any relevance to the topic at all

Anyways you can sync your apps with your gmail account and it should transfer over when your switching devices. Same with contacts I believe. Thats what happens when I sbf then install a new ROM and other things like that

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Sometimes the free apps don't transfer, but you can always reload them. Paid for apps are always linked to your Google account and will be free to reload if they don't automatically download. All contacts will sync over as well.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea to replace your DX. Even if you upgrade to a new phone this summer, you can either keep your X as a back-up phone, or sell it and make (probably) double what you paid for the insurance replacement. You've paid for the insurance for two years, it only makes sense to redeem it now that it's needed.

OP
J

JXD

Reaction score
The news is in. just got off the phone with Asurion and it seems they no longer ship Droid X's, so tomorrow morning I'm receiving a Droid X2 to hold me over until the Bionic is released :)

Guess we'll see just how bad that battery life really is... Yay dual core!

~ X ~

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
The news is in. just got off the phone with Asurion and it seems they no longer ship Droid X's, so tomorrow morning I'm receiving a Droid X2 to hold me over until the Bionic is released :)

~ X ~

Ill trade you my x for the x2 if you really don't want it haha. I think I read an article where they said they just stop making X's now? Not too sure I could of been dreaming haha.
Anyways serious offer haha I have an extended battery too :p

OP
J

JXD

Reaction score
I might seriously consider it... I just looked over the X2 forum and it seems they're having a ton of issues regarding memory, sound pops and more... I'm gonna take some time to experience the X2 once it arrives, we'll see...

~ X ~

Beka27

Reaction score

~ X ~

That's even better. Use it for a few months and then sell it. You'll be able to ask even more!

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I might seriously consider it... I just looked over the X2 forum and it seems they're having a ton of issues regarding memory, sound pops and more... I'm gonna take some time to experience the X2 once it arrives, we'll see...

~ X ~

If I were you I would milk the crap out of it haha. Just keep going back till you get what you want. I'm surprised they didn't send you a refurbed X. Thats what they did to my friend ha.

V

volando

Warranty-replace with a refurbished X, don't re-sign contract, wait for GS2, profit

kookk

Reaction score
Just referring to the original post saying dx2 has bad battery life... quite the opposite. It has great life. I heavily use my phone from about 10 am till 2 am or so every day and and I've never had to charge it mid day.

Sent from my DROID X2

1ceFiend

Reaction score
So, you went to get a new x, and got an x2, but I just got shipped a new d1 to replace my old one? Don't get me wrong, I love this phone, but that just doesn't make sense. Either way, I'm excited for the Bionic!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums