help.. former iphone 4 owner

lgrove88

Reaction score
i just bought this amazing phone about a week or so ago. it is the samsung galaxy s5 active from at&t and the battery sucks also i make sure when im done using an app i close it. aside from that small issue, id like to know if its possible to screen shot on this phone? i havent found a way to or maybe im just not trying hard enough.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You can take a screenshot with 2 methods.

1: You click and hold both the power button and the home button at the same time. A "snap" sound should occur and you'll be able to check the screenshot in your swipe down notifications.

gs5-screenshot.gif

2: If you have gestures on, you can swipe from the left to the right or right to left of the screen with your whole side of your palm. Though I've found this to be pretty inaccurate.

gs5-screenshot-swipe.gif

wcjeep

Reaction score
Recommend disable the bloatware. Our battery strength has been great. Manually control the screen brightness.

How is signal strength in your neighborhood?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As far as battery you can check apps that sync data and set them to off or maximum times between syncs. That'll help with battery.
Go to settings, battery and see what the biggest battery user is. If it's screen that's normal and I'd suggest get an app called Gsam, free btw, to see a better detail of what is using battery besides the screen. If none of the apps you are using are battery hogs when idle don't bother closing them. It's kinda normal for Android to leave them open but idle (using no battery).

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Are you in good signal area ? Battery life drops in bad spots ..is GPS on ? Locations settings I turn them off when not using map ..

M8 tap'd