help for brother

nowellp

Reaction score
Hello
I live in MD + my brother is in MA.
I recently visited him and we both had serious trouble with his Droid.
He bought it about three months ago. I wish I knew how to get the model for you.
I am faidly proficient with my pc, router and external backups I image to with Acronis.
However, we were trying to register with this forum and although I finally got the Droid to say he was registered, he could not log in, or perform many tasks except speak on the phone, and get on the internet with Google.
Is it possible for someone to start me off with basic information so I can call him on the phone and help him?
He does not own a pc so I am the go between.
For example, after registering with the forum, what does he do if he touches 'log in' and nothing happens?
If he does log in(which I saw briefly) does he click on 'forum' as I did here?
I can do these things on my pc but we struggled with the droid. It was fickcle in that it had content vanish at times and not respond to touching something like log in.
Any help will be appreciated so I can get him to log in for help and I can bow out.
Thank you

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have him empty the cache on his browser and delete all cookies. Restart your Droid. He should be able to sign into the forum that way.

Diordna

Reaction score
Going here on the droid is the exact same thing. If it's weirding out for him, I'd say get a new browser from the market. Try out "Dolphin Browser HD" or others out there too.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going here on the droid is the exact same thing. If it's weirding out for him, I'd say get a new browser from the market. Try out "Dolphin Browser HD" or others out there too.

Not necessarily. I've had times when I can't get here both on my computer and my Droid. Solution is cleaning cache, cookies and restart.

OP
N

nowellp

Reaction score
brother

Thank you all for your help. I will call him with the news.