Help flashing my Fascinate!

killer13666

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Fascinate
I want to flash my Samsung Fascinate to Eclipse from AOKP. But the problem is, I do not know how to. I had a friend flash it the first time, but I won't be able to ask him for a while. But he told me not to hard reset it because if I did, it would be bricked. If you need to know, the version of Eclipse I want to flash is v5.0. P.S. Do not ask me why I still use a Fascinate, because it is a long story.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know enough about the Fascinate to assist in flashing a ROM, but I've never seen a device brick due to a hard reset on a custom ROM.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

killer13666

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Fascinate
He told me that it has nothing to reset to, so everything would be erased, including the ROM.

OP
K

killer13666

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Fascinate
When I do a reset, it tries to mount each folder (ie. the /data, /cache, and the /datadata) and it errors when trying to mount them. When it errors while mounting each file, it skips that file. So in other words, it erases nothing when I reset it.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
HELLO!! This is actually not hard to accomplish!
First off you will need to learn how to enter your recovery for your device!
Second, download the ROM to your device or SDcard as required.
Enter your RECOVERY and INSTALL the ZIP file you downloaded to the Device!

That should be it!! ;)
Hope this helps you out!!

nuyucaides

Reaction score
that right,First off you will need to learn how to enter your recovery for your device!thanks
pLGLz1

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I would add that you'll want to be very careful about what rom you decide on. The Fascinate is over 4 years old and development on it has long been abandoned. Meaning that you may run into difficulties finding valid file links on XDA or RootzWiki, and if you run into any problems, you won't be able to get any developer support. While it's very difficult to hard brick this device, it's not difficult to soft brick it or throw it into an endless bootloop. If this is your first crack at rooting an Android phone, just make sure you read, read and read some more so you're very familiar with the process of rooting, backing up, and returning your device to stock. Number one rule is ALWAYS make a "nandroid" backup. This will make your life so much easier if/when you run into any problems.
If you have no clue about what I just said, please do not root your device. Learn the terminology, learn the root process, and then proceed. Rooting the Fascinate is a little more detailed and time consuming then the simple one click methods of today.
I'm not trying to discourage you, just trying to make you aware.
There should be some extensive root guides on XDA for the Fascinate. Good luck and let us know if you need a hand with anything.

HELLO!! This is actually not hard to accomplish!
First off you will need to learn how to enter your recovery for your device!
Second, download the ROM to your device or SDcard as required.
Enter your RECOVERY and INSTALL the ZIP file you downloaded to the Device!

That should be it!! ;)
Hope this helps you out!!

You left out a very important step. His bootloader will need to be unlocked before he can flash a rom, otherwise he will get stuck in an endless bootloop.

tap'n on my S5

Last edited:

raterbedes

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone
Number one rule is ALWAYS make a "nandroid" backup. This will make your life so much easier if/when you run into any problems.