Help: Flashed phone to stock and still have rom parts in it

steveomac

Reaction score
I flashed my phone back to stock from tranquility and I still have parts of the rom still on my phone. boot logo, tool app, wallpapers, some apps I downloaded, my bookmarks.

My phone is running good but something about it seems off, some stuff that was fine before is acting weird now.

Can anyone help or tell me how to fix this?

On a droid x.

CatFishDom

Reaction score
Did you use an SBF to flash back to stock? You still have to to a factory reset after you SBF.

z06mike

Reaction score
With Tranquility you have to remove the boot logo through the tools BEFORE you uninstall it (this is dumb, not sure why he would do this). So unfortunately you have to use the boot logo replacer or go back to Tranq and then uninstall it.

CatFishDom

Reaction score
With Tranquility you have to remove the boot logo through the tools BEFORE you uninstall it (this is dumb, not sure why he would do this). So unfortunately you have to use the boot logo replacer or go back to Tranq and then uninstall it.
I never had to do that just a settings>privacy>reset phone It has always worked for me.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Tranquility actually changes the M bootup logo which isn't located in the system files which is why a .sbf doesn't change it

CatFishDom

Reaction score
Tranquility actually changes the M bootup logo which isn't located in the system files which is why a .sbf doesn't change it
I flashed Tranq last week. The phone was going nuts rebooting all the time. I proceeded to flash the full 2.3.320 sbf then immediately flashed the 2.3.340 system only SBF. Booted up did a factory reset and I was completely back to stock. with the M bootup and droid eye as well

OP
S

steveomac

Reaction score
Did you use an SBF to flash back to stock? You still have to to a factory reset after you SBF.

I used the sbf 340 and I did a factory reset and it seems better, I also formatted my sd card which also seemed to help

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

steveomac

Reaction score
I did the factory reset and all that, but im still wondering why all my bookmarks where still there

OP
S

steveomac

Reaction score
I downloaded the full sbf 2.3.320 on the team black hat app I'm thinking about flashing it again.

CatFishDom

Reaction score
I did the factory reset and all that, but im still wondering why all my bookmarks where still there
Bookmarks are associated with your gmail account. They import automatically when you sign in

OP
S

steveomac

Reaction score
I downloaded the full sbf 2.3.320 on the team black hat app I'm thinking about flashing it again.
Are you still getting the old boot animations after the factory reset?

Never knew my bookmarks were synced, the moto M didn't change but the droid eye came back so I just got the jrummy boot logo changer and put it back to stock.

I'm more just wondering what happened for it to do all this?

crypto

Reaction score
i had tranquility issues too and ended up removing it. my process was:

2.3.340 system SBF
2.3.340 system SBF (first SBF didn't reset the boot animation)
Factory Reset
Restoring stock Motorola boot logo

OP
S

steveomac

Reaction score
i had tranquility issues too and ended up removing it. my process was:

2.3.340 system SBF
2.3.340 system SBF (first SBF didn't reset the boot animation)
Factory Reset
Restoring stock Motorola boot logo

Ya that's what I did, tranquility looks nice but I've always had issues with it, I'll stick with apex

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App