help flash not working

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
Do you mean Moto is planning a fix for flash? As I understand it Android as a whole is no longer being supported, Moto included.

Its phones on the 4.0 update or higher that are now not flash supported.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Flash doesn't work on ics

Its phones on the 4.0 update or higher that are now not flash supported.

Incorrect. Flash is supported on ICS: "Flash Player will not be certified for any device OS beyond Android 4.0.x."

Flash is not supported on Jelly Bean forward, but it is with ICS. It works on nearly all ICS devices, and it even works on most (if not all) Jelly Bean devices at the moment. Motorola's ICS updates are the exceptions to the rule.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Incorrect. Flash is supported on ICS: "Flash Player will not be certified for any device OS beyond Android 4.0.x."

Flash is not supported on Jelly Bean forward, but it is with ICS. It works on nearly all ICS devices, and it even works on most (if not all) Jelly Bean devices at the moment. Motorola's ICS updates are the exceptions to the rule.

That's not what I heard

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's not what I heard

Well, whoever told you that was wrong. :)

Take a look at the link I posted. It goes straight to Adobe's site for devices that are certified to work with Flash. I even quoted the important part about it being supported on ICS. :)

Flash works flawlessly on my Galaxy S3 (in fact, it works better on the S3 than on any other Android device I've owned), and it's running the same version of Android as the RAZR/MAXX (4.0.4). Flash also works flawlessly on my Transformer TF300, which is now running its official build of Jelly Bean (4.1.1).

The fact that Flash doesn't work on the ICS update for the RAZR/MAXX is all on Motorola. They're using the fact that Adobe is no longer going to develop it as an excuse to not fix whatever they did to cause the problem.

Last edited:

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
bsweetness said:

Take a look at the link I posted. It goes straight to Adobe's site for devices that are certified to work with Flash. I even quoted the important part about it being supported on ICS. :)

Flash works flawlessly on my Galaxy S3 (in fact, it works better on the S3 than on any other Android device I've owned), and it's running the same version of Android as the RAZR/MAXX (4.0.4). Flash also works flawlessly on my Transformer TF300, which is now running its official build of Jelly Bean (4.1.1).

The fact that Flash doesn't work on the ICS update for the RAZR/MAXX is all on Motorola. They're using the fact that Adobe is no longer going to develop it as an excuse to not fix whatever they did to cause the problem.

Well will it work on the bionic when ics comes out?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well will it work on the bionic when ics comes out?

No one here can really say for sure at this point. I don't know if it's working in any of the leaks, but a leak would be a good indication of whether or not it will work when the OTA hits.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
bsweetness said:
No one here can really say for sure at this point. I don't know if it's working in any of the leaks, but a leak would be a good indication of whether or not it will work when the OTA hits.

Alrighty thanks!

holstein

Reaction score
I just tried searching for the flash player app in google play but couldn't find it. Odd, since I have it installed on my RAZR so I went to the Adobe website, clicked on the button to download flash player 11. This linked me back to google play for the flash player app and gave me the option to update which I selected. Tried watching an espn video (which previously did not work) and it worked using both the stock browser and the watch espn app. There may be hope after all.

iguanad

Reaction score

It works on my razr. Make sure you have adobe flash and adobe air installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It works on my razr. Make sure you have adobe flash and adobe air installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it works on some sites, but it doesn't work on all sites.

Here's the main thread on this topic where all of this has been discussed since the RAZR ICS update was released - Embedded Flash Videos not working

I'd recommend reading through that thread and continuing the conversation there. :)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...213968-embedded-flash-videos-not-working.html