help flash not working

bellringa

Reaction score
for some reason my flash was not working so i downloaded the flash downloader and reinstalled flash. I know this was a mistake cuz I forgot I installed chrome and flash does not work with chrome. now it is not working even with the native browser.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I thought flash was no longer supporting Android

AFAIK this is accurate. It is definitely not on the market anymore and from what I remember no longer officially supported by Android.

jaye712

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
AFAIK this is accurate. It is definitely not on the market anymore and from what I remember no longer officially supported by Android.

True..most of us gotta wait until who knows when.Motorola said somethin bout an ics update to fix a bug soon but they didn't say what.....just know ur not the only one..kinna makes the phone useless dont it?lol..i know,it sucks pretty bad

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jaye712 said:
True..most of us gotta wait until who knows when.Motorola said somethin bout an ics update to fix a bug soon but they didn't say what.....just know ur not the only one..kinna makes the phone useless dont it?lol..i know,it sucks pretty bad

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

Hasn't bothered me at all i guess. i thought i read that flash is being used less and less anyways. Some people must need it more than i do i guess.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

Do you mean Moto is planning a fix for flash? As I understand it Android as a whole is no longer being supported, Moto included.

jaye712

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
Do you mean Moto is planning a fix for flash? As I understand it Android as a whole is no longer being supported, Moto included.

No no..i said there doin an update on ics about a bug but they didnt say what bug it was..hopefully html5 will roll out quicker,but who knows

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No no..i said there doin an update on ics about a bug but they didnt say what bug it was..hopefully html5 will roll out quicker,but who knows

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

Oh, OK. I did not quite understand what you meant originally. Thanks for the clarification.

jaye712

Reaction score
joshxdroid said:
Hasn't bothered me at all i guess. i thought i read that flash is being used less and less anyways. Some people must need it more than i do i guess.

It has for me, theres certain stuff i wanna watch threw the browser,like asian movies to stream etc to kill time...& yeah,i read the same about flash as u described.it is what it is tho.jst gotta wait n see what happens lol

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

jaye712

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
Oh, OK. I did not quite understand what you meant originally. Thanks for the clarification.

No prob..

DROIDRAZR215"unrooted"

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
There's an ongoing discussion about this same issue here - Embedded Flash Videos not working

You'll find a lot of information on the topic there, and it's also a great place to continue the conversation. :)

JDH

Reaction score
I just installed the latest flash version from Gplay on my razr maxx ics and it works perfectly. First I went to moto's site and checked for the certified phones to make sure my maxx was onthe list, then back to the store and read the info stating that the new update was for ICS. Donloaded and went onthe web with native browser to test. Works like butta!!!,,: my phone is completly stock. Don't understand why so many folks are having a problem.

jaye712

Reaction score
JDH said:
I just installed the latest flash version from Gplay on my razr maxx ics and it works perfectly. First I went to moto's site and checked for the certified phones to make sure my maxx was onthe list, then back to the store and read the info stating that the new update was for ICS. Donloaded and went onthe web with native browser to test. Works like butta!!!,,: my phone is completly stock. Don't understand why so many folks are having a problem.

Can u post the link the link @moto..also i sware they took flash out of the p.s..i did find it but didnt see any info about it for ics...it wont d.l for some odd reason.since they're is an update..i wanna test this out myself n see if it works or not