Help fixing my Droid X

Parano1d

Reaction score
So, This morning i had decided to download froyo, but unfortunately, after moving the xbin in to the regular bin in my system file i turned off my droid without downloading froyo, now it stays stuck at the boot screen of the motorola symbol, ive tried factory reset and it doesnt work, and it also says It can find recovery. I've read that i might need to downolad RSD Lite onto my computer to fix it, is this what needs to be done and if it is could i get some instuction on how to do this? I miss my droid and would love to be able to fix it if some one could help

oreoero

Reaction score
OK So I'm a newbie.

OK I downloaded "The Gift" for the Droid...what do I do from here?

I installed 2.2 and had some errors in the install progress notes, but my X seems to run fine, except that I can no longer connect via USB to VCast media manager or PdaNet.

I intermittently can hook up and the PC sees the droid and I can view the contents of the SD card.

Anyway, using "The Gift", is there a link that has instructions?

Thanks.dancedroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the gift is a file that will get you back to 2.1 - is that what you want

oreoero

Reaction score
Yes, I'm not sure of the steps. There are some parts of the instructions that call for doing things that are impossible on the X...like holding down "X" and then powering on, or "Hold up on DPad", when there is no hard wired X or DPad on X.

I know I am an idiot here, but can you give me step-by-step for the Droid X for rolling back to 2.1?

I promise that one day I will no linger be a newbie.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, I'm not sure of the steps. There are some parts of the instructions that call for doing things that are impossible on the X...like holding down "X" and then powering on, or "Hold up on DPad", when there is no hard wired X or DPad on X.

I know I am an idiot here, but can you give me step-by-step for the Droid X for rolling back to 2.1?

I promise that one day I will no linger be a newbie.

boot into recovery is home and power button and bootloader is camera-volume down-power button

oreoero

Reaction score
SBF in "the gift" not compatible message

OK, so I'm on a 64 bit Sony Vaio.

Drivers installed successfully when I launched into Bootloader on the X

Attempted to push the .sbf file in 'the gift' and got a message from RSD 4.7 that the phone is not compatible.

FYI, I have Froyo already installed, but the phone is not rooted...I think...I'm a newbie.

I installed 2.2 via the untitled.zip file on my x without rooting...

I don't know what the hell I'm talking about because I am just getting into this stuff, so if you have any advice as to why I cant install the .sbf, I'd appreciate it, or any other comments, for that matter.

oreoero

Reaction score
A little more info

My ultimate goal is to have a rooted X with Froyo, so, if I understand everything, I need to restore to stock X, then Root, then install 2.2.

????

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Yes that would be what you need to do.

Can you explain how on earth you got Froyo installed with out ROOT???

oreoero

Reaction score
I copied the 'untitled.zip' file onto my sd card, booted into System Recovery and ran the file.

My problem now is that when I try to load the VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01.sbf file using RSDLite 4.7, I get a message that it failed because the phone is not compatible.

Can anyone tell me why I'm getting that msg?

Thanks.