Help! First time with Rom Manager and I might have messed up...

sgtmorph

Reaction score
Whew! I was on the point of getting easyroot when I did a forum search and found this thread. In the other threads I read people are talking about easyroot like it's foolproof. It's been giving people fits?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

easy root worked great for me, it was ROM manager that was giving me trouble...

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Very confused here too. I might not need Rom Manager, since I probably won't do a lot of switching, but you never know …
Is it the combination of easyroot and Rom Manager that's been giving people fits, or just one, and if so, which?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

princrbrb

Reaction score
Im getting tha same error message something about privileges in ROM manager should i just start over from tha begging . I have a moto droid running 2.2 update

Apollo

Reaction score
Im getting tha same error message something about privileges in ROM manager should i just start over from tha begging . I have a moto droid running 2.2 update

Possibilities:
1. You are not rooted.
2. Superuser Permissions were denied.

Solutions:
1. Root.
2. Open Superuser Permissions from app drawer and change ROM Manager setting to Allow.

mofofoodstamp

Reaction score
I am also one of the people having fits with stock 2.2 on a moto droid1. Rooted with easy root and with rom manager installed. I ran a couple other root required apps so it seems root works to some extent, and I have the ninja su app.

In rom manager I can flash cw recovery or sprecovery and if I select reboot into recovery from rom manager it loads the custom recovery. But apon rebooting into the main rom os and then trying to get to recovery in any way gives me the triangle with ! Which is the stock recovery screen. It never seems to take even with erase recovery on and if I flash back and forth to spr and cw recovery even trying old cw files. It always reverts to regular recovery mode.

It makes me afraid to load a custom rom because I can't trust the custome recovery to be there.

One of you made the comment that maybe stock 2.2 isn't playing nice because its overwritting recovery when it boots up.

If I can boot into spr or cw recovery even temporarily should I take that chance to load something like bb .04 and then once in a rom that doesn't overwrite my recovery do a good custom recovery flash and go as if this never happened, recovery should stick and I can hop from rom to rom unless I go back to stock

And can I really trust cw or spr recovery to load a rom if it can't even take as a recovery

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I really think there is a problem with easy root. When you use a program like that you really do not learn what is going on with your phone or the process (just my opinion).

If you are still seeing the triangle with the ! in the center then it sounds like you do not have root. In your app drawer do you see the Superuser Ninja? If not, you are not rooted.

Either way I would suggest you start over follow the guide in my signature to root, get away from easy root.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it possible that your version of stock 2.2 is overwriting the custom recovery, whether SPR or clockwork, with the stock version of recovery? Load a custom rom and all this will go away.