Help Finishing Galaxy S Theme for UD Mod 1.0.0

eclsnowman

Reaction score
Anyone want to help me get this Galaxy S theme working for UDM 1.0.0. It is a combination of the Vibrant system dump, Haxzamatic's work, and my work. I do have permission for Haxz to extend some of his work, and thank him greatly for inspiring me to dive into this stuff. The main issues I have right now are the lockscreen and contacts.apk.

Here is my update.zip so far: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/167119/ECL_Gal_Theme/UDM 1.0.0/UDM_1.0.0_GalaxyS_ECL_V2_update.zip

Images of the issues:

snap20101011_225043.png
snap20101011_225051.png

Images of what is working well:

Themed Cytown Phone:
snap20101011_225421.png
snap20101011_225455.png
snap20101011_225418.png

Shutdown Menu and Volume:
snap20101011_225714.png
snap20100928_112255.png
snap20100928_112342.png

Misc:
snap20101011_225824.png
snap20101011_225747.png
snap20100928_112413.png

I would love one of you theming Guru's to tell me just what the heck I am doing wrong.

Thanks.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not a theming guru, so I wouldn't know what's wrong with the dialer...maybe the images are too big? Not sure...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
what's wrong with it? I mean.. what are you trying to change exactly? It looks like a working theme so I know there had to be something you want to change

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
First thing I tried was resizing images on the dialer numbers, no dice.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
what's wrong with it? I mean.. what are you trying to change exactly? It looks like a working theme so I know there had to be something you want to change

Look at the first two images in OP. Portrait lockscreen is messed up. Dialer buttons trail off the screen. I had this working great on 8.0, but the lockscreen changes have me confused (and right now my theme doesn't wotk at all with non-rotary lockscreen due to formating). I am not sure what changed on contacts.apk to break the dialer? I do notice that #1, #2, and #3 buttons on contacts.apk dialer have a weird ghosted box over the buttons that I cannot explain and shouldn't be there.

But I did get cytownphone.apk to work well. In in call number buttons could still use some work, and maybe tone down the blue background in call.

Also would like to make "cancel" and "continue" test on last image white for more POP.

Again, and help would be appreciated. I know there have been requests out there for this theme, and I would like to give a little back to the community while learning in the process.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bump for more help. This theme looks good on my phone minus the 2 things that need to be fixed. Keep up the good work!

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
Looks like no love. No one was interested on #blackdroidmod irc last night or today either. Kinda bummed, it's a clean theme. But I have it working fine on sapphire 1.1.4 unofficial which in smooth for me now. If anyone wants to work on it in the future have at it. Files are there.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think that the problem with the lockscreen deals with the logo that blackdroid added to the stock ud 1.0.0 lockscreen. It seems like the logo would be where the clock is being blocked. Im no coder, so i have no idea how to look into this or fix this. Any help to get this theme 100% would be greatly appreciated!

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
RedmanX over at TheUltimateDroid.com was able to fix my theming mistakes last night. He is uploading it now. Tonight, once I get a link I will create a new post to credit all the people who helped me make it possible, and who's images are included. I want to really thank RedmanX for being willing to help me when I was fearful that no one was interested.

Thanks

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
RedmanX over at TheUltimateDroid.com was able to fix my theming mistakes last night. He is uploading it now. Tonight, once I get a link I will create a new post to credit all the people who helped me make it possible, and who's images are included. I want to really thank RedmanX for being willing to help me when I was fearful that no one was interested.

Thanks

Good to hear man. Can't wait to see the final version! dancedroid

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow.. I'm an idiot. I didn't even notice the buttons being off the screen on your screenshots until just now.