Help.. Email app kept crashing and force close

pointdexler

Reaction score
First, apologize if this topic was discussed somewhere in this forum, if so, please redirect me to that post.. thanks

Need help... I owned a Motorola Milestone and running Android 2.1. My native email app (not gmail app) kept crashing and force close. It happened 3 times and each time, I have to do a factory reset and it works for a while and it happened again. I am using IMAP on this email app.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue? Try contacting Motorola, their answer is to set it back to factory default and try again..

thanks

radsaq

Reaction score
I don't have a solution to the problem (my guess is there are just obscure bugs in the android Email application--it happens sometimes to me with an Exchange account), but you don't have to do a factory reset on your phone.

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, then hit the menu button and select "All." Now select the Email application and hit the "Clear Data" button. This will delete just your email account and the emails cached locally on your phone.

OP
P

pointdexler

Reaction score
I don't have a solution to the problem (my guess is there are just obscure bugs in the android Email application--it happens sometimes to me with an Exchange account), but you don't have to do a factory reset on your phone.

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, then hit the menu button and select "All." Now select the Email application and hit the "Clear Data" button. This will delete just your email account and the emails cached locally on your phone.

Thanks for the info, hopefully Android 2.2 will resolve this issue but then again when?