Help droped in water.cant powerdown because screen is blank. Batterynot removable!!!!

Blackeyes24

Reaction score
Itprobably would have been fine if I could have pwered down right away but it wont power down and I cant remove the batter. Is there anything I can do to get it to shut off so I can let it dry out!?!?!?!?

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Itprobably would have been fine if I could have pwered down right away but it wont power down and I cant remove the batter. Is there anything I can do to get it to shut off so I can let it dry out!?!?!?!?
quickly pull the battery door and stick it in a big bag of rice and if u have sillica gel packets put them in there as well... you should put this in a warm place as well... if u got a torx 5 driver disconnect the ribbon cable as well... got to peel the sticker a bit on the bottom

OP
B

Blackeyes24

Reaction score
Did that but I can still hear everything sizzling! I cant believe the battery isnt removable! I probably could have saved it if I could have just taken that out. Now I'm sure it will be destroyed.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Did that but I can still hear everything sizzling! I cant believe the battery isnt removable! I probably could have saved it if I could have just taken that out. Now I'm sure it will be destroyed.
im sry that really sux... i had a close call with mine... only part of the screen got submerged... another time i dropped in mud.. it survived tho..

silverfang77

Reaction score
Now we know the real reason for the switch to non-removable batteries, to force people to buy new phones instead of salvaging their current phones if they get wet.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Now we know the real reason for the switch to non-removable batteries, to force people to buy new phones instead of salvaging their current phones if they get wet.

so true... also if beat up the battery... most users wont be able to change it... went thru 3 batteries on my og droid...

Benton

Reaction score
silverfang77 said:

Maybe but dropping the phone in water and reviving it by drying it out while off power was still a bit of a long shot even back in the day.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i guess i dropped 3 cell phones in the toilet... eww... but saved each one by pullin the battery and letting it dry for a week... even stuck my v3razr in the oven at 125f to dry it out... it did work.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
quickly pull the battery door and stick it in a big bag of rice and if u have sillica gel packets put them in there as well... you should put this in a warm place as well... if u got a torx 5 driver disconnect the ribbon cable as well... got to peel the sticker a bit on the bottom
Silica gel is useful, rice not so much. Rice's "drying power" is extremely limited. Best way is to rinse with the purest isopropyl alcohol you can find, dry as thoroughly as possible, and use silica gel to get the rest. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/8539-how-deal-droid-thats-gotten-wet-right-way.html

Last edited: