Help Droidx stolen on Dec23

janey6152

Reaction score
I reported it stolen to verizon,on Dec 23 which was turn off that same day.

then today i go to look at my gmail account. i see a charge was made on Dec 28 from Android market ..
How did they do this ??/ I called verizon again and they said there is no service to the phone.

I just changed my password to gmail. what else can i do so whom ever has my phone wont be able to make other chargers..

I allso card the credit card to close account too..

Thanks

JANEY

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chances are they connected via wi-fi to make the purchase. The 3g/1x cell service was shut off by VZW, but they can't restrict the device from wi-fi access.

Your g-mail information would have still be present on the device... you would have needed to change your g-mail password the day you reported it stolen.

Hopefully it wasn't an expensive charge... you can try to contact your CC company and dispute the charges, or maybe Google (but good luck there).

Sorry to hear about tho, hope you get everything straightened out.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reported it stolen to verizon,on Dec 23 which was turn off that same day.

then today i go to look at my gmail account. i see a charge was made on Dec 28 from Android market ..
How did they do this ??/ I called verizon again and they said there is no service to the phone.

I just changed my password to gmail. what else can i do so whom ever has my phone wont be able to make other chargers..

I allso card the credit card to close account too..

Thanks

JANEY

Yes, since Verizon shut down the services doesn't mean that it couldn't access your gmail account via wifi. Gmail password needed to be changed immediately as well.

Sorry that happened to you. I'm pretty certain others who have had their phones stolen didn't think about changing the password on gmail so don't feel bad, at least you caught it right away. And you should be able to dispute the charge with the bank that the credit card was issued from.

OP
J

janey6152

Reaction score
Thank you everyone...
k i changed password today...
and so far it was only. 3.99.

I got a feelin it was one of the kids /tenants upstairs from my moms house.
i had left it on table in the hallway , when i went to retive it . It was gone.

wished i had installed a tracking device on it..

Janey