HELP!! Droid x won't boot past the droid logo

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Send me your emails and I'll send the files to you that way, having trouble with the private message system here.

you can just shoot me one and I'll reply with the files

[email protected]

okay one more thing, i downloaded the kernel updater, so which folders/files should i put into the root of mt sd. there was boot.img, rdl.bin and a folder called meta-inf. Should i put the whole folder into my root or just the contents?

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Send me your emails and I'll send the files to you that way, having trouble with the private message system here.

you can just shoot me one and I'll reply with the files

[email protected]

okay one more thing, i downloaded the kernel updater, so which folders/files should i put into the root of mt sd. there was boot.img, rdl.bin and a folder called meta-inf. Should i put the whole folder into my root or just the contents?
Put the wjhole zip on your sd card. DO NOT EXTRACT IT.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Place WHOLE zip on sd card, root your phone with z4 or whatever you do to root it, then reboot to clockwork and install that updater zip from sdcard.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks CD.
JJ, you should have bootstrapper to get to clockwork recovery. It is the ONLY way to get to clockwork.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
And I am jammed up in Ubuntu right now flashing 2 other droids. JJ, can you handle this ok? I have to log out and switch to a different computer so I'll be unavailable for awhile.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
And I am jammed up in Ubuntu right now flashing 2 other droids. JJ, can you handle this ok? I have to log out and switch to a different computer so I'll be unavailable for awhile.

yeah il try to figure this out. thanks man

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If u r not ok, tell me and i'll get u taken care of. Looks like all u gotta do is root, install dx bootstrap, go to clockwork, instal kernel updated zip.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App