HELP!! Droid x won't boot past the droid logo

The_Sithness420

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity is SBF a means to side load back to stock? I'm unfamiliar with moto rooting :/

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
what if i didnt do the ota update to 2.3? the last time i checked my phone said there were no updates. So should i be on bootloader 30.02 since my phone was on 2.2.1 when it died on me?

Your fine if you were on the old bootloader, the 2.3.320 sbf will update it to 30.04 with no issues. I used the 2.3.320 sbf running the 30.02 bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

okay so i should use the 2.3.320. okay lets hope i dont mess up my phone more. thank god for people like you and the others who have answered my thread

Yes, that will restore your phone. Post your android version, kernel version and baseband versions when your done so we can make sure your on the latest builds.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity is SBF a means to side load back to stock? I'm unfamiliar with moto rooting :/

Basically, yes. Using RSDlite and a SBF file is exactly what a tech would do to fix your phone if you have issues with it, but rooting it voids your warranty so they hand you back a messed up phone and send you packing after making a note on your account that your phone is now void.

The_Sithness420

Reaction score
Well I have a rooted htc incredible but a friend wants my help rooting his x. I'm trying to figure out how to reliably restore before we get in over our heads. With a locked bootloader I'm not trying to reck someone else's phone. The end result we're going for is a root with alt kernel for over/under and at some point custom roms. In the "unlikely" event we screw this pooch what are the best steps for recovery?

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Your fine if you were on the old bootloader, the 2.3.320 sbf will update it to 30.04 with no issues. I used the 2.3.320 sbf running the 30.02 bootloader.

okay so i should use the 2.3.320. okay lets hope i dont mess up my phone more. thank god for people like you and the others who have answered my thread

Yes, that will restore your phone. Post your android version, kernel version and baseband versions when your done so we can make sure your on the latest builds.

after i get it to 320, should i activate the phone first before i go back to bootloader for update to 340?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
No get the 2.3.340 system sbf flashed then set up your phone. If you set it up then flash the 2.3.340 you'll have to set it up all over.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Well I have a rooted htc incredible but a friend wants my help rooting his x. I'm trying to figure out how to reliably restore before we get in over our heads. With a locked bootloader I'm not trying to reck someone else's phone. The end result we're going for is a root with alt kernel for over/under and at some point custom roms. In the "unlikely" event we screw this pooch what are the best steps for recovery?

Its really going to depend on how bad you screw it up. Some things can be fixed by booting into recovery and flashing a back up, others you have to sbf back to stock/no root.

Btw the easiest way to root the X is to download z4root and install it on his phone. Reboot the phone then open z4 and press either perminate root or temporary root, depending on what he wants.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
No get the 2.3.340 system sbf flashed then set up your phone. If you set it up then flash the 2.3.340 you'll have to set it up all over.

oh no the phone wont go into bootloader mode. I hold the power, volume down key and camera button and it just turns on but thats it.

nvm woohoo i got it into boot loader mode.

CD95YJ

Reaction score

oh no the phone wont go into bootloader mode. I hold the power, volume down key and camera button and it just turns on but thats it.

Any luck?

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score

Any luck?

yeah man lots of luck. I just finished getting 320 on it and now im doing the process over again for 340. i hope im doing things right. you were right, this sbf process isn't hard at all.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
okay i think i am back on 340 but im going to do a factory reset just like the guy in the video did.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score

okay i think im up and running. here are the pieces of info you requested.
Android version 2.2.1

Kernel version 2.6.32.9-gca645b6 w30471 and a bunch of stuff after (i dont know if this is right, looks longer than before the sbf)

Baseband version BP_C_01.09.07P

do these look about right?

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
by the way android market looks different. The home page has a gray look to it. Before my screw up it was green. Did i load the wrong version or is this the new look?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
No, the market got updated. Your running the right version, but your kernel isn't the right one. It should be this
43be14dd-ef65-eef0.jpg

There are two ways to get this, download the Team black hat app from the market and download it, or find it on mydroidworld and download it from there. You will boot into recovery and load it as a zip file.