HELP!! Droid x won't boot past the droid logo

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Just go get the SBF but turn off your phone! If the battery is less then 50% you went be able to do it! That is your safest bet!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What happens if i have less than 50 percent battery? Will I be able to recharge in this state?

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Everyone is so quick to SBF... He could screw his phone royally... He already admitted he has no idea what SBF is...

I have told people the same steps I told him over and over... Sometimes it works.... Sometimes it doesn't... But jumping right to sbf IMO is premature...

What do u suggest I do? Do u think I can bring it back to verizon and be like it just did this outa no where? I mean I did wipe the data and cache like u told me to.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Everyone is so quick to SBF... He could screw his phone royally... He already admitted he has no idea what SBF is...

I have told people the same steps I told him over and over... Sometimes it works.... Sometimes it doesn't... But jumping right to sbf IMO is premature...

What do u suggest I do? Do u think I can bring it back to verizon and be like it just did this outa no where? I mean I did wipe the data and cache like u told me to.

NOOOOOOO! DO NOT TAKE IT BACK TO VZW, THEY WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!!

It doesn't require much smarts to see your phone was rooted, any tech worth his pay will figure it out quick.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Just go get the SBF but turn off your phone! If the battery is less then 50% you went be able to do it! That is your safest bet!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

What happens if i have less than 50 percent battery? Will I be able to recharge in this state?

It won't charge in the bootloader.. Without seeing exactly where your phone is I can't say for 100% that it will or won't... If you don't have another charged battery I would say shut it down, let it charge for an hour or so and then do the SBF.. If you run out of battery you will just have to charge yours or buy another one until you get the device up and running again..

jsw6380a

Reaction score

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, If the rep has half a clue he will know what is going on... Just do the SBF and you will be fine..

CD95YJ

Reaction score
If it wont charge you will have to either use a friends phone to charge your battery, buy a wall charger, or my least favorite option hack up a USB cord to trick your phone into thinking it has a fully charged battery (I have never done it nor do I recommend it - the USB hack that is)

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score

It doesn't require much smarts to see your phone was rooted, any tech worth his pay will figure it out quick.

I really dont want to have to do that but I am not really that tech savvy so I dont know if I can get it to sbf

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, If the rep has half a clue he will know what is going on... Just do the SBF and you will be fine..

okay im gonna try the sbf after i have my phone charged through my wall charger. will it even charge in the wall charger?

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score

jsw6380a

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

Here is the link to the SBF guide... This is what you will need to do to get back to stock and start over... Just like CD95YJ said make sure next time you have a stock back up... There is a link to a tutorial in my signature on how to install bootstrap recovery and use it to make a backup..

the bootstrap recovery is if I get my phone back up right?

Yes... Just follow the video in my signature for a bootstrap tutorial... If you follow that guide for SBF you should be just fine..

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Where do you live? You may get lucky and have a Droid junky close by that can help you.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Im just outside of DC... Thats a hike for an SBF.. Like I said before if you rooted your phone you should be able to follow the SBF guidelines... Post on to the forum that I sent you if you have problems someone on their will help you if you get stuck..