Help, Droid rebooted itself automatically!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Jul 13, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

I just caught it. It was in front of me on the desk and it rebooted itself automatically. About half an hour ago I check the battery it was 70% capacity. This is very shocking and disappointing!

I flash it to 2.2/root about a week ago. I use P3D-FRF83B-Release and everything has been running fine. Battery usage in the last two days has been a little faster than I expected, even during the quiet use time.

What might have caused this problem? I definitely think this is A problem. I am reluctant to rollback to stock but I dont know if this auto reboot meant a bigger problem.

Please share your insights!
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I do not know what may have caused the reboot. Options to try--

1. If you recently install a new app or task killer remove especially the task killer. If you do not have additional reboots then install one app at time wait a day and see if you issue goes away.
    2. If you are OC'd move to a slower speed.
    3. Install a different rom. Each phone seems to work differently and each rom works
    differently.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how you resolve.

Mike
  3. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

None of those applied. I was running the most conventional stuffs, yahoo mail, gmail, news and weather, newsrob, google finance, and twitter.

Was this kind of problem reported before? I plan to rebuild the entire thing:
    1. wipe out the sd;
    2. wipe out the cache;
    3. back to 2.0.1 -> 2.1, no market app installed;
    4. apply the right build (what should I try?);
    5. nandroid backup as the baseline;
    6. install all apps;
    7. nandroid backup as the working copy;

I'd like p3d-frf84b-release because both usb and wifi tethering are working well. Any recommendation on the ROM?

thanks!
  4. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Are you overclock, because this can be a big contributor to reboots. It also just could be the froyo leak your on. Its a leak, so it could have some problems.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

No, I run whatever the P3D-frf84b-release offers, I think it is @600. ? And the case is not really particularly warm. Battery ran out fast yesterday for no apparent reason (I wasn't using it a lot).
  6. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I too was having some of the issues you are describing when trying to run a custom kernel on my roms. What I found is that its the kernel causing the conflict (at least for me). I would suggest you re-flash whatever rom you are using and do not install a custom kernel, use the stock kernel that comes with your rom. See if that works, it did for me.
  7. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

stock kernel? how can i tell what is stock and what's custom? sorry for the ignorance. i really need some more info about this.

thanks.
  8. ebe3692

ebe3692 New Member

mine randomly rebooted yesterday too. it was just sitting there on the floor and I just happened to look over noticed the droid eye bootup animation running...
    I wasnt low on battery and it didnt seem hot.
    I flashed the stock FRF84 (w/600mHz kernel) last week - this is the first time I've noticed it reboot randomly.
    I'm waiting to see if it happens again....
  9. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

Mine was from here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/55467-even-more-froyo.html#post591676. I believe it runs at 600mHz too. Anyway, is this considered a stock kernel or custom? I thought everything with 2.2 is custom as the official one hasn't been released. ?

I can reflash it with anything else no problem. The problem is ... it rebooted itself once. Is this a random act or an acute problem?

Any thoughts?
  10. baxtelf

baxtelf New Member

Mine just started rebooting over and over. I can't stop it. I even pulled the battery and when you turn it back on it starts the cycle again. Any ideas?
  11. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

I installed a different ROM. Hopefully the reboot problem is behind me. You should try something else if the problem is not under control.
Search tags for this page

why a cell phone reboots by it self