HELP!!! droid razr softbricked, battery is dead what can i do??

mgsnat88

Reaction score
hi, someone please help. i tried to update with the official image of the ics update but it failed and gave me a soft brick. my battery was dying and while i was getting the tools to restore the battery gave out. all i get now is the moto logo and am able to select the recovery options. with wall charger i get my phone on but as soon as i unplug it shuts off. what can i do??? please if anyone knows.

OP
M

mgsnat88

Reaction score
thanks for all the help! I tried your guys advice but i had no luck so i just called verizon and they decided to ship me a new one, no hassle. I did have insurance and extended warranty with them. Next time i'll just be patient lol

Johnw

Reaction score
thanks for all the help! I tried your guys advice but i had no luck so i just called verizon and they decided to ship me a new one, no hassle. I did have insurance and extended warranty with them. Next time i'll just be patient lol

Isn't there a chance they will deny your warranty and charge you for the replacement? Your not really using your extended warranty since you are not paying the deductible?

OP
M

mgsnat88

Reaction score
I dont think so, they've been really good to me for the past 3 years. Also I had called a level 2 tech and also an onsite tech at the local Verizon store and both deemed it defective.

Revans310

Reaction score
Did you try to reset by holding down both volume +/- & Power waiting for the screen to go dark and then holding the Volume +/- for 5 seconds?

OP
M

mgsnat88

Reaction score
Did you try to reset by holding down both volume +/- & Power waiting for the screen to go dark and then holding the Volume +/- for 5 seconds?

I tried that but it didn't work. Just went straight to fast boot