Help, droid is automatically starting functions

DroidG

Reaction score
I have had my Droid since the first day they came out with no problems. Today, when I unlock it, most of the time it either starts dialing a number or opening mail in fast repeated sequence.

I took the battery out, blew on the keyboard but this is still happening. Any cures out there?:mad:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Are you using an aftermarket charger? Are you running stock software?

OP
D

DroidG

Reaction score
I am using the stock charger and stock software.

samiusmc

Reaction score
It's probably an app you installed or the use of a non-Motorola OEM charger. Generic chargers have caused many users similar experiences.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sounds like something just went buggy then. You can do a hard reset. Or wait for 2.1 in the next couple days. I am willing to bet a software reset will solve these problems though. Any number of things could have caused it.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How do I do a reset?

1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.
2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons downuntil a yellow triangle appers.
3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu. (I had to press them several times).
4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option