HELP - Driod and Stereo Bluetooth Headset - How to...

Augustus

Reaction score
HELP!!! - How do you use a bluetooth headset for music on the droid? What options/settings need to be activated?

I just got the droid and have been ok with the idea that the bluetooth functionality is limited/non existent regarding voice activated dialing. Now here is my issue - I have my stereo bluetooth headset paired with the driod and can use it for calls....no problem. How in the heck do I get the audio to go through the headset? I have not seen any how to's on this. When I use the music app that comes with the phone it works fine through the speakers but does not have any option, that I could see, to send the audio to the bluetooth headset.

I'd appreciate replies from those who have actually acomplished this - not the "I think this'll work" replies. It's really frustrating to have gone from a fully functional bluetooth supported device to this bluetooth dysfunctional creature.

Hope someone can help.

My Headset: BlueAnt X5 Stereo Headset (It's A2DP compliant)

:motdroidvert: Augustus :icon_eek:

Last edited:
OP
Augustus

Augustus

Reaction score
HELP!!! - How do you use a bluetooth headset for music on the droid? What options/settings need to be activated?

I just got the droid and have been ok with the idea that the bluetooth functionality is limited/non existent regarding voice activated dialing. Now here is my issue - I have my stereo bluetooth headset paired with the driod and can use it for calls....no problem. How in the heck do I get the audio to go through the headset? I have not seen any how to's on this. When I use the music app that comes with the phone it works fine through the speakers but does not have any option, that I could see, to send the audio to the bluetooth headset.

I'd appreciate replies from those who have actually acomplished this - not the "I think this'll work" replies. It's really frustrating to have gone from a fully functional bluetooth supported device to this bluetooth dysfunctional creature.

Hope someone can help.

My Headset: BlueAnt X5 Stereo Headset (It's A2DP compliant)

:motdroidvert: Augustus :icon_eek:
Ok...now it's DUH time -

I resolved the problem by re pairing the X5 and making sure it said 'phone and media' when it paired. :icon_ banana: Works fine for music and all streaming audio. This will now ease my issues with the phone - I just hope someone - anyone - builds the app that will allow us to use the bluetooth headset for voice dialing.

Now if you'll excuse me I gotta go pair my headset with the wife's droid too....the X5 can pair with up to 10 devices.

:droideris: Augustus