Help downloading photos from RAZR onto my computer

atomarchio

Reaction score
Is there a way to download pictures from RAZR onto my computer (Windows 7) without having to load all of the them every time? I am using the windows feature because I can name each photo.

However, I keep downloading all of my photos each time. I want to download photos from only a specific date.

Please let me know. Thanks.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Is there a way to download pictures from RAZR onto my computer (Windows 7) without having to load all of the them every time? I am using the windows feature because I can name each photo.

However, I keep downloading all of my photos each time. I want to download photos from only a specific date.

A little more information would help. What method (dropbox, box, motocast etc) are you using to transfer/download pics from your phone to your PC? That information would help us answer your question.

ddfuji

Reaction score

file browser and click and drag?

OP
A

atomarchio

Reaction score
I am not using the Moto application. I connect the phone via USB and it shows the phone and drive letter. Then it allows me to name the files and place them into a specific directory. I believe this is the standard windows 7 function. I am not going into the drive letter and then copying/pasting the files.

ddfuji

Reaction score
one thing you might wanna check is your auto play settings. so go to control pannel, then to hardware and sound and then to auto play. there is a list of stuff that auto play can do. check what the setting is for pictures. im speculating that your setting is set to "import pictures and videos using windows".

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
one thing you might wanna check is your auto play settings. so go to control pannel, then to hardware and sound and then to auto play. there is a list of stuff that auto play can do. check what the setting is for pictures. im speculating that your setting is set to "import pictures and videos using windows".

Doing what he said use open folder to explore....

(It should actually pop 2 windows up, 1 for sdcard 1 for sdcard-ext)

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
A

atomarchio

Reaction score
Yes, that's correct. I don't see anything there that would allow me to specifiy which photos to download. currently, I have to download all of them.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Like ddfuji said, can't you navigate directly to the folder where the pictures are stored on your phone and just copy/cut and paste the ones you want to your computer? It's no different than getting files off a flash drive. You don't have to use a program to import the photos.

OP
A

atomarchio

Reaction score
I understand. Was hoping for another more automated way for the computer to know which ones I have already downloaded and ignore those.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand. Was hoping for another more automated way for the computer to know which ones I have already downloaded and ignore those.

It would know which ones if you didn't rename them...

----posted maxx'ed out----