Help desperately needed!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by DMDTagz, Oct 21, 2012.

1. DMDTagz

DMDTagz New Member

Hey,

I've bought a Milestone 2 second-hand online, only to find out it's running Miui software, which I don't want. It's extremely unstable and apps crash frequently. It also lacks keyboard backlight which is essential to me.

Is there any way to go back to stock, and if so, can anyone give me a dummy's guide to getting it back to normal?

The Milestone 2 I have is a MotoA953 by the way, in case that information is needed.

If anyone can help me, I'd be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!

Also, if I've posted this in the wrong section, please let me know.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Pretty late response, but does your phone use GSM technology? If I read correctly, you're from the Netherlands which would make me think it is. If so, you might not find too much support here at this site since it is pretty much geared towards US and/or CDMA models. You could try to look through the Droid 2 section and _think_ about flashing a Droid 2 rom, but I am pretty sure that they wouldn't work for you either. From the numbering schema, the CDMA models were; for the Droid 1, A855 and the Milestone CDMA counterpart was A854. The GSM Milestone was A853. Then for the Droid 2, it was the A955. So following that schema, your A953 Milestone would be GSM and the Droid 2 roms here would NOT work on your phone; and not only that make it more than useless.

good luck