HELP -- Default Font Issue!!

conversehtnut

Reaction score
I have had my S4 for about a month. About a week after getting it i decided to download the Comic Pack Flipfont app to change the default font. Before it was working fine, but recently I started getting a lot of force close popups and it was causing my phone to slow down so I decided to uninstall the app and return to a default font. Once the app was uninstalled though, the font remained. I restarted my phone, no luck. I shut it off and let it sit, nothing changed. I went as far as to do a factory reset but still it remains. This only happens when the 'Default font' is picked under display settings though. If I choose some other built in font it is fine, to an extent. No matter what font is picked everything on the browser comes up in that comic font and it is quite annoying as it is hard to read. Anybody have any ideas on other ways that I can restore the factory default font back?

Screenshot_2013-08-28-16-52-24.pngScreenshot_2013-08-28-16-52-30.pngScreenshot_2013-08-28-16-55-07.pngScreenshot_2013-08-28-16-52-46.pngScreenshot_2013-08-28-16-53-45.png

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Are you stock unrooted?? There is no real reason it should remain after a factory reset....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

harrellj

Reaction score
Having used that same app, I can confirm that the font stays after uninstalling (good thing too since they started putting ads in the notification screen). Can you reinstall it and reconfigure it to the font you don't want and then point it to the original default font and then uninstall? Reboot after switching fonts to make sure nothing funky happens.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4