Help deciding what phone..

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by *kallen, Dec 28, 2011.

1. *kallen

*kallen New Member

Hello! I am having a predicament .. I can't figure out which phone I want. Razr. Bionic. Charge. Nexus. I use my phone for everything. I mean everything. I need the camera to work well (as the one on my Droid 2 isn't good at all) I take pictures a lot. I heard the camera on the bionic isn't great. Then I heard the razr you can't the battery out.. I do that alot with my current phone :-( any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

The Charge has a beautiful camera. Bionic, have read nothing but problems since it came out. Razr with the non-removable battery would be a no go for me. The GNex...well in MY honest opinion, is too new. Problems that come will have to be resolved with time...which is somthing I can't afford. I myself would need somthing that works functionally now and has already had a few updates. This is just all in my opinion. I personally have a Charge but cannot take the data dropping issues I was having. (Which seems to be an ongoing issue with all VZW 4G LTE devices) but besides the data drops...Charge is a beast, hands down. The GB 2.3.6 update is pretty sweet on the Charge too. Good luck on your decision and let us know what you choose.

Sent from my DROID X2
  3. droidxd00d

droidxd00d New Member

Motorola is not known for making good cameras. My bionic isnt that great at taking pictures. If that is really important to you than look at the htc rezound. It has the best camera in vzws lineup currently.

The razr does have a non remove-able battery but you can do a hard reset by holding the power button and one of the volume keys. I havent heard of anybody complaining about it yet. And you can replace the battery but it is kind of difficult as you have to open up the phone.

The nexus is googles flagship phone. Its running the newest android OS ice cream sandwich. The phone has no skins like other phones ( motoblur,touchwiz, or htc sense) and will recieve updates directly from google.

I would stay away from the charge as I havent heard a lot of good things about it and it is already a year old. The thunderbolt is pretty nice but I have seen reports of bad battery life. The bionic is a great deal right now as it has almost exactly the same hardware as the razr and can be bought for 200$ or less depending on where you look.

You really cant go wrong with any of the new Lte phones that have been released this year. Just dont expect everything to be absolutely perfect as all phones have bugs. Hope i could help!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. Tas

Tas New Member

I noticed you didn't include the Rezound. I currently have the Nexus and love it. New operating system rocks. I have had no issues with mine.

I would check out the Rezound cause I hear it has a kick ass camera. It also has a removable battery and a SD card slot. The screen is hi-def as well.

Good luck on your choice.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  5. *kallen

*kallen New Member

Wow. Thank you all for your suggestion and comments. And I will check our the rezound as suggested. Thanks again! You guys are the best! :)

6. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

I wish Moto would come out with a phone with a good camera. I use the camera as a necessity with my job. I have a droid x, my wife has a droid x (subpar camera at best) and a asus tablet. I hate to say this on an android forum but if you want a stellar camera on a phone then you want the iphone 4S.

I was never a big fan of Apple until i bought my wife an Ipad 2 to go along with her ipod touch. I now have the new ipod touch and the iphone 4S. Changing was hard and i am still on the fence on which i like better, android or iOS. I can say as far as performance that the iphone 4S is blazing. Now, my reason for the switch was for the camera and to see what the "buzz" was about an iphone. There are pros and cons to both........at this point i will likely switch back to android. It was a major fail that the 4S did not come with LTE capability. The next generation iphone will be out in 2012 right around my upgrade date (august) so i have time to do a full comparison before making a decision.

I love android and i know i will get bashed for owning and posting about the competition (Apple) but I want a phone that works and does it well. Android has not done that yet....i thought they did..... but after having the iphone for almost a month i can see that Android devices have quite a way to go to catch up to the stability of iOS.

I know I know....good luck with your locked phone....good luck with not being able to customize as much...ect... I don't really care. This thing is rock solid. To each their own. (it is nice being on both sides of the fence, the learning experience is invaluable)
  7. *kallen

*kallen New Member

Personally, I'm afraid of the iPhone .. maybe its just because I absolutely love androids. My main concern was the camera because I have a 4 year old who is always doing cute things and it is inconvenient to have to find the digital camera, especially if I had a good camera on my phone. I mean most of the new phones all work the same. I use it for everything but the camera is my big issue. The pictures on my droid 2 come out fuzzy and blotchy. Just not nice at all. Thank you all again for your suggestions. I can't wait until I decided on which phone to actually buy!

8. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

I understand your love for android. Really i do but do a test. If the camera makes that big of difference in your choice (it did for me to for both my job and twin 3 year old girls and a 6 year old boy) go to a verizon store and try them out and do a comparison. You will be HUGELY surprised in what you find.
  9. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

If camera is that important, and LTE is important, go with the Rezound. HTC's camera's are second to none (on Android), and on par (if not better in some cases) with the iPhone. You'll get LTE on the Rezound, but have the option to switch to normal 3G when LTE is struggling, which it likes to do. You have the option for an extended battery as well.

If LTE, dual core, and all that aren't important, but you still must have Android, I would check out the Incredible 2 as well.
  10. WER4GZS

WER4GZS New Member

Camera was important to me as well and I absolutely love my Nexus. It takes great pics and quick without all the wait to focus so you don't miss the shot you want. I went and compared at Verizon and have no regrets.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  11. vzdroid13

vzdroid13 New Member

The Rezound is probably the best overall phone. Good camera, good reception, good processor, good screen, good sound, expandable memory, removable battery. I only got the RAZR because it looked so good. If you don't need the sleekest phone around, then the Rezound will probably be your best bet.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  12. *kallen

*kallen New Member

OMG! I went to Verizon to check out the rezound. The camera is so bad a**! I'm definitely getting it! Thank you all for tour suggestions! You were all so helpful in my decision. If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldnt have even considered the rezound! Thank you! !!

13. *kallen

*kallen New Member

Ordered my rezound today! Should be here Tuesday! Stupid holiday! ;-)