[Help] Dead Screen

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Joomla12, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Joomla12

Joomla12 New Member

Earlier tonight, my phone fell and hit the floor and the battery flew out. After I put the battery back in, I tried turning it back on but the screen never came on. Thing is, when I put my thumb where the unlock slider is, the phone vibrates. I can also answer calls. I recently updated to Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 too so I have no idea if this contributes to it or not. Any help is appreciated. This is a bit of an urgent matter and I'd really not like to have to buy a new phone.
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    You have a blown digitizer. You can replace it yourself (expensive/tricky), pay a mall kiosk guy to replace it if you can find out (expensive), or you can file a claim with Asurion as rooting the phone voided your warranty and your one-year hardware failure warranty with Motorola just ended anyway. If you don't have insurance you're stuck buying a new phone if the first two options aren't possible. Sorry, mate. :(
  3. Joomla12

Joomla12 New Member

Well that's rather disappointing. Thanks for the speedy reply though. I guess I'll be heading to the Verizon store tomorrow.
  4. furbearingmammal

If you have an old phone you can activate that and maybe hold off for a few days -- CES is right around the corner and new phones will be hitting VERY soon.
  5. Joomla12

Joomla12 New Member

I don't. :/

I'm rather content with the Droid though. It's served me well over the one year I've had it.
  6. furbearingmammal

It is an awesome phone, even stock. :)

You might be able to pick up a cheap Ally or something second-hand from someone who upgraded to the X or D2. eBay might be your friend. Craigslist has had some, ah, unscrupulous persons selling phones with bad ESNs, so I don't recommend you use it.