Help - Dead Droid

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
First let me say this happened before and it came back to life..

I dropped my droid and now it won't turn on... but this happened before and literally as I was pulling into the parking lot of the verizon store it turned back on and worked without any problems until I dropped it again and now won't come back to life...anyone have any ideas?

I have the insurance but will the verizon store help me out?

warrior21

Reaction score
If you have insurance you are better calling them direct and they can overnite you a phone. They will send you an envelope to send the old phone back. Take verizon out of the equation and deal directly with Assurion

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Well I just called and they said as long as there is no obvious physical damage then can replace it on the spot for no charge. The insurance I think has a $50 deductible.
I won't tell them my phone is rooted and not sure if I will root it again.

warrior21

Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. It can be hit or miss when you are dealing with the verizon store.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kesnik

Reaction score
First let me say this happened before and it came back to life..

I dropped my droid and now it won't turn on... but this happened before and literally as I was pulling into the parking lot of the verizon store it turned back on and worked without any problems until I dropped it again and now won't come back to life...anyone have any ideas?

I have the insurance but will the verizon store help me out?

This happened to me too.

I did drop it once but it wasn't for very high. I was in my front shirt pocket and i leaned over to pick something up. There was no damage to the phone. That phone worked for some time after i dropped it (maybe a month) then one day I while the phone was sleeping i tried to retrieve a txt message. I tried to wake the phone with no luck. So, i pulled the battery and i couldn't turn it on after that. Verizon replaced the phone. I asked if they have alot of droids returned for problems. She said "no".

-Kesnik