Help! Cracked Droid Bionic Screen!

yiraee

Reaction score
I cracked my screen today and i really want to keep using this great phone.
can anyone link me to a replacement screen site or something? thanks

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
yiraee said:
I cracked my screen today and i really want to keep using this great phone.
can anyone link me to a replacement screen site or something? thanks

Vzw wont send u a replacement only insurion will if u have insurance on ur phone an u have to pay $100

ambrown

Reaction score
Here's some replacement parts. Still , it doesn't hurt to shop around.

Motorola Droid Bionic Screen Replacements & Parts

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_scat_2407780011_ln?rh=n%3A2407780011%2Ck %3Adroid+bionic+screen&keywords=droid+bionic+screen&ie=UTF8&qid=1345613762&scn=2407780011&h=dfbb491a3c6993be53c9764bef03fd8242041885]Repairs Universe │ iPhone, iPod, HTC, Motorola Parts & Repair Guides
[/URL]
Also here's a tutorial on the teardown to help you with the actual replacement.

[video=youtube;TLu0c2Yx-JU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLu0c2Yx-JU"]Motorola Droid Bionic Touch Screen Replacement "How to" - YouTube[/video]

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Ebay is your friend.

I have done this and it is very easy, just make sure you have the correct size torx!! You WILL strip out the screws otherwise. Watch the video at least 3-4 times before you try to do it and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! I thought I was very careful and still got a little lint under the glass.......good luck!

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I replaced mine. It took about 2 hours. My bezel was also cracked so i replaced that too. I think that made it easier because I didn't have to apply heat to get the Bezel and glass separated. Good luck and as was said before, keep things clean.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Look for one of my previous posts on this. I had links to guides and videos. I recommend buying a digitizer with bezel attached.

Edit: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=219312

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stinson317 said:
I replaced mine. It took about 2 hours. My bezel was also cracked so i replaced that too. I think that made it easier because I didn't have to apply heat to get the Bezel and glass separated. Good luck and as was said before, keep things clean.

2 hours??? Dang!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Stinson317

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Yeah 2 hours.. At least it seemed like it. I went very slow. After all the flashing and not bricking it once, I didnt want to ruin my bionic by doing something stupid.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I finally got around to replacing my wife's Bionic screen. I was very glad I bought a digitizer with bezel already attached, made things so much easier. Just watch the videos and read the repairsuniverse guide a few times. I made sure to not touch the inside of the screen, but specs still ended up showing a bit on the inside when I was done. I highly recommend shining a light at different angles on the screen to find these specs and clean them off with a lint free rag before closing it all up. Everything else went really well. Good luck to anyone else who goes for it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I finally got around to replacing my wife's Bionic screen. I was very glad I bought a digitizer with bezel already attached, made things so much easier. Just watch the videos and read the repairsuniverse guide a few times. I made sure to not touch the inside of the screen, but specs still ended up showing a bit on the inside when I was done. I highly recommend shining a light at different angles on the screen to find these specs and clean them off with a lint free rag before closing it all up. Everything else went really well. Good luck to anyone else who goes for it.

I've found after doing this several times that the air indoors contains lots of airborne particles, and more often than not the outdoor air contains less particulates. In fact, after a thunder or rain storm the air outdoors is as close to 100% free of airborne particles as it can ever be since the rain catches them and washes them to the ground, so if you want to do replacements of screens and avoid any dust particles, do it outside and if at all possible after a rain storm. What Makes the Air Cleaner After a Thunderstorm? | eHow.com

I've also found that static electric charge on the screen's glass attracts the particulates, so am anti-static spray cleaner that repels dust works well to keep the particulates from attaching. Here's one example of such a spray >> http://www.aztek.com/Anti Static Glass Cleaner.html, or you can use a home-made cleaner and finish up with a fabric softener sheet to do it your self... >> http://www.ehow.com/way_5852194_homemade-antistatic-glass-cleaner.html

FYI

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've found after doing this several times that the air indoors contains lots of airborne particles, and more often than not the outdoor air contains less particulates. In fact, after a thunder or rain storm the air outdoors is as close to 100% free of airborne particles as it can ever be since the rain catches them and washes them to the ground, so if you want to do replacements of screens and avoid any dust particles, do it outside and if at all possible after a rain storm. What Makes the Air Cleaner After a Thunderstorm? | eHow.com
If you run the shower and steam up the bathroom, and then let the steam settle, that works well too; especially for those not living in rain prone areas. I've seen that recommended for installing screen protectors, as well.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
If you run the shower and steam up the bathroom, and then let the steam settle, that works well too; especially for those not living in rain prone areas. I've seen that recommended for installing screen protectors, as well.

THAT'S a great suggestion...damn, why didn't I think of that! Way to go, Dave! I've used the other method when installing screen protectors as well. You have trumped me. :biggrin::hail: