Help convince me not to by a Galaxy Nexus...

penman

Reaction score
I love my Bionic, but like most of you I'm always looking for something new and better. Every other week I go on Craigslist looking for a deal on a Galaxy Nexus and after a little bit of looking I tell myself I don't need to and its pointless. However, the other day I actually emailed someone about one, but luckily they didn't write back. Not sure how much longer I can go until I actually buy one.

I need your help to convince me to stay with the Bionic and not go with the Galaxy Nexus. Or even if you feel it is a better move.

thekrimp1

Reaction score
lost photos

the nexus only has internal memory. If for some reason you accidently delete your photos, they are gone forever. Get a phone with external memory.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
thekrimp1 said:
the nexus only has internal memory. If for some reason you accidently delete your photos, they are gone forever. Get a phone with external memory.

Yes and no, if you use drop box you can set it up to automatically back up your photos there along with other files, and for a free account you get 5gb of cloud storage. So to retrieve any deleted item all you have to do is access drop box...

bbtkd

Reaction score
I love my Bionic, but like most of you I'm always looking for something new and better. Every other week I go on Craigslist looking for a deal on a Galaxy Nexus and after a little bit of looking I tell myself I don't need to and its pointless. However, the other day I actually emailed someone about one, but luckily they didn't write back. Not sure how much longer I can go until I actually buy one.

I need your help to convince me to stay with the Bionic and not go with the Galaxy Nexus. Or even if you feel it is a better move.

Well, if you get the Nexus and still come back to this forum, you'll be a troll!

Reaction score
Convince you not to get one? I'd rather have you help me get one! I'm sick of getting jerked around by VZW and Moto. :mad:

OP
P

penman

Reaction score
Convince you not to get one? I'd rather have you help me get one! I'm sick of getting jerked around by VZW and Moto. :mad:

That's what I'm saying....it's crazy.

I just want something new and fresh. The Bionic was conceived in January last year and I fell in love and waited the whole 9 month pregnancy for it to come out and held it in my arms(well hand) the very second it did. Thats the longest phone relationship I've ever had. Started with the Omnia, then the Omnia 2, then the HTC Eris and then the Bionic. And it is a fantastic phone just the Nexus is something new and will get updates for the next year or so. And my upgrade isn't until next summer so I figured I could use the Nexus until then, then upgrade. But then I'm back to why leave the Bionic? It is still doing good for me. It will never end! lol

WestOkid

Reaction score
Yes and no, if you use drop box you can set it up to automatically back up your photos there along with other files, and for a free account you get 5gb of cloud storage. So to retrieve any deleted item all you have to do is access drop box...

You don't need to pay for Drop box. Google+(pics) , Google music, Google drive are built in and have auto upload.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Because something better will come out in 2013 and it's better to wait? There's ALWAYS something better coming out and that's how you should feel in this situation and if something better doesn't come out, then go with the Nexus which at that time, may be cheaper. It's a win-win all you have to do is be patient. Unless the Bionic is giving you trouble, don't get rid of it. If something is working don't fix it, specifically. don't change it.

mattjenn

Reaction score
I had a nexus piece of junk I traded it to my friend for his bionic radios are garbage I never had signal at my house kept going in and out with bionic 3 bars all day never drops signal . 2- battery life is not good stock or with roms I get more battery life on stock battery in bionic then with extended in nexus unless you live by a tower you will regret it.

bbtkd

Reaction score
If I was up for a new phone, I'd wait for the Razr HD Maxx.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
mattjenn said:
I had a nexus piece of junk I traded it to my friend for his bionic radios are garbage I never had signal at my house kept going in and out with bionic 3 bars all day never drops signal . 2- battery life is not good stock or with roms I get more battery life on stock battery in bionic then with extended in nexus unless you live by a tower you will regret it.

Nexus owners are reporting the jelly bean radios fix this issue. Nexus is already on ics, jelly bean soon to come, unlockable boot loader, jb rooms already out... don't know if I can agree that the bionic is superior.

OP
P

penman

Reaction score
Bionic rocks!!!
Are you running a ics leak?

Yea I'm running the 2233 leak at the moment. I know it is not the most up to date but it is running fine and didn't see a need to flash any of the newer ones. Figure when the OTA comes out it would be that much better.

Just get bored at times and wouldn't mind getting a new phone to learn and play with.

gobi42

Reaction score
I did by a nexus but the guy lied about it and it had water damage so the radios and camera didn't work. But it it so much faster and smoother than the bionic is and the screen it a 100 times better as well

BKiv

Reaction score
Yea I'm running 232 and am waiting on OTA as well. New toys are always fun. BUT the Bionic is still an awesome phone.