1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help convince me not to by a Galaxy Nexus...

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by penman, Sep 16, 2012.

1. penman

penman New Member

I love my Bionic, but like most of you I'm always looking for something new and better. Every other week I go on Craigslist looking for a deal on a Galaxy Nexus and after a little bit of looking I tell myself I don't need to and its pointless. However, the other day I actually emailed someone about one, but luckily they didn't write back. Not sure how much longer I can go until I actually buy one.

I need your help to convince me to stay with the Bionic and not go with the Galaxy Nexus. Or even if you feel it is a better move.
  2. thekrimp1

thekrimp1 New Member

lost photos

the nexus only has internal memory. If for some reason you accidently delete your photos, they are gone forever. Get a phone with external memory.
  3. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

Yes and no, if you use drop box you can set it up to automatically back up your photos there along with other files, and for a free account you get 5gb of cloud storage. So to retrieve any deleted item all you have to do is access drop box...
  4. bbtkd

bbtkd Member

Well, if you get the Nexus and still come back to this forum, you'll be a troll!
  5. Underwater Mike

Underwater Mike New Member

Convince you not to get one? I'd rather have you help me get one! I'm sick of getting jerked around by VZW and Moto. :mad:
  6. penman

penman New Member

That's what I'm saying....it's crazy.

I just want something new and fresh. The Bionic was conceived in January last year and I fell in love and waited the whole 9 month pregnancy for it to come out and held it in my arms(well hand) the very second it did. Thats the longest phone relationship I've ever had. Started with the Omnia, then the Omnia 2, then the HTC Eris and then the Bionic. And it is a fantastic phone just the Nexus is something new and will get updates for the next year or so. And my upgrade isn't until next summer so I figured I could use the Nexus until then, then upgrade. But then I'm back to why leave the Bionic? It is still doing good for me. It will never end! lol
  7. WestOkid

WestOkid Active Member

You don't need to pay for Drop box. Google+(pics) , Google music, Google drive are built in and have auto upload.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  8. xPlatinum-Androidx

xPlatinum-Androidx New Member

Because something better will come out in 2013 and it's better to wait? There's ALWAYS something better coming out and that's how you should feel in this situation and if something better doesn't come out, then go with the Nexus which at that time, may be cheaper. It's a win-win all you have to do is be patient. Unless the Bionic is giving you trouble, don't get rid of it. If something is working don't fix it, specifically. don't change it.
  9. mattjenn

mattjenn Member

I had a nexus piece of junk I traded it to my friend for his bionic radios are garbage I never had signal at my house kept going in and out with bionic 3 bars all day never drops signal . 2- battery life is not good stock or with roms I get more battery life on stock battery in bionic then with extended in nexus unless you live by a tower you will regret it.
  10. bbtkd

bbtkd Member

If I was up for a new phone, I'd wait for the Razr HD Maxx.
  11. BKiv

BKiv New Member

Bionic rocks!!!
    Are you running a ics leak?
  12. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

Nexus owners are reporting the jelly bean radios fix this issue. Nexus is already on ics, jelly bean soon to come, unlockable boot loader, jb rooms already out... don't know if I can agree that the bionic is superior.
  13. penman

penman New Member

Yea I'm running the 2233 leak at the moment. I know it is not the most up to date but it is running fine and didn't see a need to flash any of the newer ones. Figure when the OTA comes out it would be that much better.

Just get bored at times and wouldn't mind getting a new phone to learn and play with.
  14. gobi42

gobi42 New Member

I did by a nexus but the guy lied about it and it had water damage so the radios and camera didn't work. But it it so much faster and smoother than the bionic is and the screen it a 100 times better as well
  15. BKiv

BKiv New Member

Yea I'm running 232 and am waiting on OTA as well. New toys are always fun. BUT the Bionic is still an awesome phone.
  16. diablo81588

diablo81588 New Member

Nexus owners report its magically fixed every time they get a hold of a new update. When in fact, its a poor hardware design causing the issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  17. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

I would buy a razr maxx or maxx hd and get a nexus 7 for play.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  18. bhp117

bhp117 New Member

Really depends how much you pay for the gnex
    If you still have to pay $300+ i would rather spend an extra $100 - $200 for a s3 only if you can pay for that difference that is much better device
    Since that'll be around $500 you can spend on a phone you can also look at the razr m dev edition if you want an unlock bootloader device
    Or wait for the razr hd
  19. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should own the phone and try the JB radios before coming to such a brash conclusion. Every radio update has improved handoffs and signal drops, but not until the JB radios have I had a truly reliable 4G connection. I used to drop all signal while connected to LTE at least twice an hour. Now on the JB radios, not a single drop.

I think its great that you like your Bionic but I would appreciate it if you wouldn't come to such bold conclusions without owning the device and having tried the new radios yourself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  20. nitephlight

nitephlight New Member

i own both bionic and gnex CDMA, and truthfully the bionic's current 4G radio is far superior to even the JB radio for gnex IMO. could be geography, but im in central jersey with a STRONG 4G signal almost every where I go, the gnex was typically weaker.. consistent yes but areas i know my bionic got full 4 bars the gnex would struggle to maintain 3.

that being said: if your bored, the gnex is the ultimate flash toy lol. i basically use my bionic to tether the gnex and use both. you can get a gnex on craigs/ebay for under 300 its not a bad price for a nexus device.