Help confirming which razr maxx charger is from stock

junmyao

Reaction score
I have two ecomoto chargers, one from the Maxx and one from DROID x. I can't figure out which one is which anymore. One charger says "skn5004a 10354-0403532" and the other "skn5004a 11287-0403532". I've been using both chargers on the Maxx hoping to find a hint on which one is from stock, but they both seem to work perfectly. Therefore, is it bad if I've been charging my Maxx with a different charger? Does it affect my battery in any way?

OP
J

junmyao

Reaction score
Bump...can anyone confirm the charger number with me please? It would be really helpful.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Unless there is more than one version out there, the MAXX came with a very different charger than the X. The stock charger for the MAXX is a small square with two USB ports. The X had a larger, rectangular charger with only one USB port. You should be fine charging the MAXX from the X charger though. Using cheaper third party chargers can be problematic, but since you're still using a charger from Motorola, you should be good.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Unless there is more than one version out there, the MAXX came with a very different charger than the X. The stock charger for the MAXX is a small square with two USB ports. The X had a larger, rectangular charged with only one USB port. You should be fine charging the MAXX from the X charger though. Using cheaper third party chargers can be problematic, but since you're still using a charger from Motorola, you should be good.

I tried using the charger from my x on my maxx (the maxx charger looked and felt cheap) and I had zooming issue and stability issues while charging... but other than that, it charged... :)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I tried using the charger from my x on my maxx (the maxx charger looked and felt cheap) and I had zooming issue and stability issues while charging... but other than that, it charged... :)

Odd. I keep a charger from my Droid X in my laptop bag. I used it to charge my MAXX several times, and I was always able to use the MAXX while plugged into it without incident.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Odd. I keep a charger from my Droid X in my laptop bag. I used it to charge my MAXX several times, and I was always able to use the MAXX while plugged into it without incident.

Perhaps your charge is better than mine?? Idk... its android....:D what works for one may not for another... it makes life interesting...

OP
J

junmyao

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I was actually having issues with the USB cords, I couldn't tell the difference between the X and the maxx other than a serial #. Therefore, I have been using the stock USB port for the Maxx since it has two ports compared to the X. but I'm switching between both cords. Is there anyone that can tell any difference between the two cords? Or it shouldn't matter?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Cord shouldn't matter.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
FK is, as usual, right. Any moto microB to USB cable should work well. With heavy use in a gobag they last about 6-7 months as a data/charge cable and another few months as a charge only cable. FYI to everybody. The verizon branded ecoustic cables will NOT work for data on a moto, although they appear to be well shielded and work fine for charging, I'm looking into some crazy high quality cables (custom hand fabbed, asia, available in small lots but not cheap) with silicone sheathing and full braid shielding in both moto factory programming cables and charge/data cables because I would rather spend $25-30 on one that will last me for years than spend $16-$18 for one I'll have to replace NEXT year. If anybody knows where I can get raw USB parts (plugs, etc) I'll just whip up a batch myself, but I haven't been able to source the USB bits. :-(