HELP!! Compass only works when in Vertical

winoz

Reaction score
HELP! Today I found my DROID 2 GLOBAL's compass only works when it is in vertical, not works when in Horizontal, that is very strange, is this hardware's problem? Somebody help!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HELP! Today I found my DROID 2 GLOBAL's compass only works when it is in vertical, not works when in Horizontal, that is very strange, is this hardware's problem? Somebody help!

No, it's not a hardware problem.

Using the compass takes some patience. Once I got mine set I never want to touch it again. You just need to keep turning it until the color changes, it will eventually.

OP
W

winoz

Reaction score
I tried, even the color change green, the compass still doesn't work when I hold the phone in Horizontal. only works when I hold it vertical.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried, even the color change green, the compass still doesn't work when I hold the phone in Horizontal. only works when I hold it vertical.

I don't know what to tell you. Take it to a Verizon store. They will probably give you a new phone. But if you have the same issue, then it's your patience that's not working.;)

Like I said when I finally got mine set, and you have to be quick I said I'm not touching this again.