HELP! Clockwork "MD5 mismatch" in recovery...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by icculusX, Mar 29, 2010.

1. crz6662

crz6662 New Member

I'd suggest Titanium Backup (Donate), At least all the apps can be restored at one shot. Might have to redo phone settings but re-installing 121 apps 1 by 1 can be very time consuming.
  2. bclown90

bclown90 New Member

I've got TB running on my phone, but the main issue I have right now is accessing the data itself. Does anyone know of a way that I can fix my backup so that it will restore? Or is the data that is contained in that backup lost forever?
  3. crz6662

crz6662 New Member

I'd probably scrap it. Or rename it with no spaces. What data is it your actually trying to recover ?
    Settings ? Just re-do your personal setting. Applications ? Titanium will take care of that. Don't know if you've actually restored w/TB but once loaded with batch restore you can pick & chose which apps to restore, or just do them all. I have noticed that when restored w/TB my installed apps don't all show up in market, ie: for updates.
    As far as the md5 mismatch, I've stopped changing my backup names and haven't had any problems since/so far. Also, on a couple forums, posters have noted that placing blank spaces between words sometimes gave them mismatches. Possibly was my problem. Use skennelly's suggestion & place "_"
    instead of blank spaces.
  4. MetalMike187

MetalMike187 New Member

I had a similar problem a few days ago. Created a backup that failed to recover. I was running ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5. What I did was Flashed ClockworkMod back to 3.0.2.5, created a backup, and immediately tried to restore it. It worked without a hitch. I triple checked it on my Thunderbolt, without a problem. My phone is rooted, running Thunderstick GENII 2.2.0.
Search tags for this page
4ext recovery md5 mismatch
android rom manager md5 mismatch
backup restore md5 mismatch issue
clockwork recovery md5 mismatch
dm5 mismatch

md5 mismatch

md5 mismatch android recovery
md5 sum mismatch
md5 sums mismatch
rom manager md5 mismatch
rom manager restore md5 mismatch