HELP! Clockwork "MD5 mismatch" in recovery...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by icculusX, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Whitefalcon684

Whitefalcon684 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I just did that and it fixed e erything thanks :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

2. twalbaum

twalbaum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just encountered this same problem. I made a backup of my stock system, then I tried Apex, liked it, made a back up, and wanted to try another flavor. Tried Rumm with the Infected font style (can't hardly read it and it has NO special characters. To sign in with my gmail account I had to make a text file on my sd card with my email address with the @ sign in it so I could copy/paste it into the sign in field so I could go to marketplace and get rom manager so I could get rid of that ROM *breath*). I tried to restore a back up and got the md5 mismatch. Found this thread, tried uninstalling rom manager and booted into recovery through bootstrap, still got the error. Also, my backup names were "Stock" so it had no spaces and still didn't work. The other had spaces, so I renamed it with no spaces and it still didnt work. Any help?

3. TheBungle

TheBungle New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bump.

I have the dang md5 and cant figure it out. I can boot into a save from november but I had a lot of stuff on it since then that I really want back.
    HALP!

4. crz6662

crz6662 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try this, PDF inside. From XDA Developers. Had the same problem with mismatch.

5. bclown90

bclown90 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same issue

Hey, so I've been having similiar issues.

I made a backup using clockworkmod, reflashed a new ROM, decided I didn't like it, and tried to go back to the old one, and am now getting a MD5 mismatch.

I used the XDA link posted above to fix the mismatch, had to recalculate the checksums, and my backup began to restore, but now freezes on the data portion at eng-us.cab. I've tried multiple times and it still is not working. Finally I just said screw it and restored to an old (OLD) backup that did work, reflashed my phone, and am now putting back on the same ROM I had before, ApeX, although in version 1.4.

I really want to be able to get the data from my old backup, because I really don't want to have to reconfigure\reinstall\remember everything I had put on it before. If anybody has any suggestions, either how to restore my old backup or just get the data over, that'd be great.

Thanks

By the way, thanks to everyone who posted above, I got a lot of good information that allowed me to get this far, your work is appreciated :)

6. crz6662

crz6662 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I'd suggest Titanium Backup (Donate), At least all the apps can be restored at one shot. Might have to redo phone settings but re-installing 121 apps 1 by 1 can be very time consuming.

7. bclown90

bclown90 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got TB running on my phone, but the main issue I have right now is accessing the data itself. Does anyone know of a way that I can fix my backup so that it will restore? Or is the data that is contained in that backup lost forever?

8. crz6662

crz6662 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd probably scrap it. Or rename it with no spaces. What data is it your actually trying to recover ?
    Settings ? Just re-do your personal setting. Applications ? Titanium will take care of that. Don't know if you've actually restored w/TB but once loaded with batch restore you can pick & chose which apps to restore, or just do them all. I have noticed that when restored w/TB my installed apps don't all show up in market, ie: for updates.
    As far as the md5 mismatch, I've stopped changing my backup names and haven't had any problems since/so far. Also, on a couple forums, posters have noted that placing blank spaces between words sometimes gave them mismatches. Possibly was my problem. Use skennelly's suggestion & place "_"
    instead of blank spaces.

9. MetalMike187

MetalMike187 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem a few days ago. Created a backup that failed to recover. I was running ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5. What I did was Flashed ClockworkMod back to 3.0.2.5, created a backup, and immediately tried to restore it. It worked without a hitch. I triple checked it on my Thunderbolt, without a problem. My phone is rooted, running Thunderstick GENII 2.2.0.

Search tags for this page
android rom manager md5 mismatch
clockwork recovery md5 mismatch
dm5 mismatch

md5 mismatch

md5 sum mismatch
md5 sums mismatch
rom manager md5 checksum mismatch
rom manager md5 mismatch
rom manager restore md5 mismatch
why restore said md5 mismatch