HELP! Clockwork "MD5 mismatch" in recovery...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by icculusX, Mar 29, 2010.

  1. crz6662
    Offline

    crz6662 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    pgh,pa

    I'd suggest Titanium Backup (Donate), At least all the apps can be restored at one shot. Might have to redo phone settings but re-installing 121 apps 1 by 1 can be very time consuming.
  2. bclown90
    Offline

    bclown90 New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I've got TB running on my phone, but the main issue I have right now is accessing the data itself. Does anyone know of a way that I can fix my backup so that it will restore? Or is the data that is contained in that backup lost forever?
  3. crz6662
    Offline

    crz6662 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    pgh,pa
    I'd probably scrap it. Or rename it with no spaces. What data is it your actually trying to recover ?
    Settings ? Just re-do your personal setting. Applications ? Titanium will take care of that. Don't know if you've actually restored w/TB but once loaded with batch restore you can pick & chose which apps to restore, or just do them all. I have noticed that when restored w/TB my installed apps don't all show up in market, ie: for updates.
    As far as the md5 mismatch, I've stopped changing my backup names and haven't had any problems since/so far. Also, on a couple forums, posters have noted that placing blank spaces between words sometimes gave them mismatches. Possibly was my problem. Use skennelly's suggestion & place "_"
    instead of blank spaces.
  4. MetalMike187
    Offline

    MetalMike187 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I had a similar problem a few days ago. Created a backup that failed to recover. I was running ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5. What I did was Flashed ClockworkMod back to 3.0.2.5, created a backup, and immediately tried to restore it. It worked without a hitch. I triple checked it on my Thunderbolt, without a problem. My phone is rooted, running Thunderstick GENII 2.2.0.
Search tags for this page
4ext recovery md5 mismatch
,
android rom manager md5 mismatch
,
backup restore md5 mismatch issue
,
clockwork recovery md5 mismatch
,
dm5 mismatch
,

md5 mismatch

,
md5 mismatch android recovery
,
md5 sum mismatch
,
md5 sums mismatch
,
rom manager md5 mismatch
,
rom manager restore md5 mismatch
,
sua loi md5 mismatch