1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Help] Cleaning out CM10.1 bugs

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Canadio, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Canadio

Canadio New Member

Hi everyone.

I am sitting with a few bugs which I have been trying to wipe out, however, it seems as a much greater task than expected. Therefore, I have come looking for an extra hand. Any help is greatly appreciated :)
    The device this is regarded to is an LG P990. Here are the bugs which I am struggling with:

• Wifi Hotspot isn't working
      It doesn't work because cyanogen reverted a P990 specific patch in the netd package for merging Android 4.2 sources. Github link here
      That is needed to be brought back. But the structure of the SoftapController.cpp changed substantially, I (or whoever beats me to it) need to look into it closer to determine who to apply the custom patch with the new format.
      Moreover, I'm guessing it would be better to write a new Interface for the Wifi Hotspot, but I don't really know how to do so.

• HDMI orientation broken.
      The problem is: the GB libnvdispmgr_d.so blob contained a method NvDispMgrAutoOrientation() to change the orientation.
      The ICS binary doesn't have that anymore and I couldn't figure out yet how to achive the rotation.
      (and no, using the old blob won't work).

• Bluetooth audio is "accellerated" on numerous headsets. However, I am thinking this one would be truly messy to fix since Google changed from bluez to bluedroid in Android 4.2. Anyhow, here's a logcat of the issue: Mediafire Download

• And of course one of the most annoying bugs:
      After unlocking the brightness often gets reset to a way too low value.
      Logcat and kernel log don't show any error.
      We could perhaps find a workaround for it in here: Github link

Additionaly, I can say I forwardported the 4.1 netd to the 4.2 branch, but it doesn't seem to work:

That is all. A lot to take in at once, I've been playing around with it a lot for some time, and its like I've hit a brick wall. Help is, without a doubt, needed to go further with this.
    As mentioned; Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks! :)
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
Search tags for this page

android p990 cm10.1 hdmi rotation bug

cm10 hdmi fix
cm10.1 bluez from 4.1

cm10.1 bugs

cm10.1 hdmi bug

cm10.1 p990 bugs

cm10.1 p990 熱點

cm10.1 p990 hotspot

cm10.1 wifi hotspot fix