Help! Can't get into Recovery Mode - Droid 1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since you're testing to see if this is a recovery issue, or a BK one, just go ahead and use this SBF - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I believe it is 2.1, but the point is, if you get it flashed and have the ability to get back to recovery, you can then re-root your phone and flash whatever you want back onto it.

Also, here is the page I got your DL link from, I like to provide this as just taking anyones word on an uploaded file could be hazardous to your health (not really on this BB, we're good guys but you get my point). How To: Install Android 2.2 Froyo On the Motorola Droid

OP
jpr122955

jpr122955

Reaction score
I've run some diagnostics on Motorola's website. One of which was to see if my keypad was working properly, because almost every solution that I've read required the use of the "X" button. Well, it turns out that the "X" ISN'T working. It still doesn't explain why it is getting stuck in the boot loop. So, if I understand all of this, no matter what I flash, I'm still required to get to that recovery screen, and can't without the use of the "X" button, correct?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you flash an sbf, you are not "required" to get to the recovery screen at all.

There are ways to bypass the the x+power situation, as there is a program (quick boot) to overcome it.

however, flashing an sbf is the only way to get you working, but you would have to root (if you wanted to again) using superoneclick (because you can't use your x key), and then use rom manager to flash recovery everytime you want to load a rom.

A new phone sounds like a better plan right now.

OP
jpr122955

jpr122955

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I tried following your link, but it indicates that the website is no longer available.
My server hiccupped sometime over night. It's working now.
I sincerely appreciate all of the quick responses and suggestions, most notably from CJM, teddyearp, RW-1 and guidot. Thanks so much!! I think at this point that I'm just going to return the phone to Motorola and let them deal with it. I don't believe that my PC is communicating with my phone when it's on the USB cable, so therefore, I can't flash anything on it. For some reason, it's not reading my SD card. I have Droid Explorer installed and that's not functioning either. So, again many thanks to all of those mentioned above!!! teddyearp..love your last thread.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless you bought it directly from them I don't think they will help you.

Did you buy it secondhand?

Sent from my MetiCk/DavrosModded A855.

OP
jpr122955

jpr122955

Reaction score
Yes, bought it on EBAY. Worked great. Got into the rooting, and figured it was just a matter of time. Battery Mod 1.0 from XDA.. Who would have thought?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dunno. You can try moto but I'm sure you are sol.

Sent from my MetiCk/DavrosModded A855.

OP
jpr122955

jpr122955

Reaction score
1st of all, it is still under warranty from Moto. I know that rooting voids their warranty. But, it is simply the X key not functioning, so I don't see why they wouldn't,couldn't fix that problem. Who knows? Maybe someone out there has been through this before.