HELP! Cant download certian apps

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Hello, I have the Droid 1 and im rooted and running the newest UD 2.3.0. I have had problems with the past 2 roms including this new one with not being able to download certain apps. Those apps are ANGRY BIRDS, ADW LAUNCHER AND FIND DIFFERENCES. I can download them 100 %, but when it tries to install them, everytime it says installation unsuccesful. I have tried downloading the black market to see if that worked and it didnt.

I went to settings/manage apps/ market and cleared the cache and data, that didnt work. I downloaded a file manager program and went into system/app to delete it from there becasue somebody on this forum told me too, i couldnt find any of of those apps in the system/app folder.

I just flashed UD 2.3.0 like 10 minutes ago and tried to download these apps and total FAIL. I keep getting installation unsucccesful. So can somebody PLEASE help me resolve this, its getting really annoying not being able to download apps that I want. thanks so much

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Hello, I have the Droid 1 and im rooted and running the newest UD 2.3.0. I have had problems with the past 2 roms including this new one with not being able to download certain apps. Those apps are ANGRY BIRDS, ADW LAUNCHER AND FIND DIFFERENCES. I can download them 100 %, but when it tries to install them, everytime it says installation unsuccesful. I have tried downloading the black market to see if that worked and it didnt.

I went to settings/manage apps/ market and cleared the cache and data, that didnt work. I downloaded a file manager program and went into system/app to delete it from there becasue somebody on this forum told me too, i couldnt find any of of those apps in the system/app folder.

I just flashed UD 2.3.0 like 10 minutes ago and tried to download these apps and total FAIL. I keep getting installation unsucccesful. So can somebody PLEASE help me resolve this, its getting really annoying not being able to download apps that I want. thanks so much

To Fix ADW you need to:
1. Download Launcher Pro
2. Using Root Explorer (or the like), navigate to System/Apps/Launcher.apk
3. Deleted Launcher.apk
4. reboot phone
5. Using Launcher Pro, go to Market, Download ADW.
6. Ta-Da.

For Angry Birds, I had a similar problem. Only way I could fix it was by booting into recovery and wiping data/cache multiple times and re-installing the rom. After I did that Angry Birds installed no problem.

Good Luck.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

To Fix ADW you need to:
1. Download Launcher Pro
2. Using Root Explorer (or the like), navigate to System/Apps/Launcher.apk
3. Deleted Launcher.apk
4. reboot phone
5. Using Launcher Pro, go to Market, Download ADW.
6. Ta-Da.

For Angry Birds, I had a similar problem. Only way I could fix it was by booting into recovery and wiping data/cache multiple times and re-installing the rom. After I did that Angry Birds installed no problem.

Good Luck.
okay, im going to try this, i just uploaded the ud 2.3.0, but i will go into recovery and wipe 3 times and then flash the rom again, and HOPEFULLY this works

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
i downloaded linda fild manager, went to system/app and found something that said launch.apk, i chose delete, and it says that launch.apk is read-only, and i have to hit ok, but it doesnt delete it

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
i downloaded linda fild manager, went to system/app and found something that said launch.apk, i chose delete, and it says that launch.apk is read-only, and i have to hit ok, but it doesnt delete it

I don't think linda file manager has root rights so it can't be used to delete system apps.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

I don't think linda file manager has root rights so it can't be used to delete system apps.

Sent from somewhere...
i think your right, i downloaded androidmate? something like that and it has root access and i was able to delete the launch.apk, now im rebooting the phone and about to go and try to download adw from the market. wish me luck

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
ALL RIGHT. i got adw to install, now to try to get angry birds to install, ima try wiping data and cache like 3 times and see if that works

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
in sprecovery, there is an option that says wipe cache partition, should i be selecting that when doing a full wipe, i usually select wipe data/factory reset

MarkY3130

Reaction score
I just tried to download angry birds and it was successful (running UD 2.3). Unfortunately I don't know how to solve your issue though.

shoot2scre

Reaction score
Like I said... I had to do that to install ADW. But no many how many times I tried to uninstall/reinstall Angry Birds the only thing that fixed it was a boot to recovery and wiping data/cache multiple times before reinstalling. It should be noted that I use Clockwork not SPRecovery.

Wish I could be more of a help. This was very frustrating for me when it happened.

Last edited: