[Help] Black Screen, Bricked?

aboveunlimited

Reaction score
Yesterday I rooted my HTC Droid Incredible (AMOLED). Following that I installed Cyanogen Mod 7, Build 30. The rom was running perfectly until earlier today. Half way through the day, at a point at which I'm sure I still had battery power, the screen no longer functions. Restarting is responsive, but still leaves a blank screen. The same goes with the method of holding the volume down key and the power button.

How may I restore function to my phone, whether it be unrooting or however else? Whatever the method, how can it be done without a visual onscreen?

Less important but still of interest, what is the likely cause that transformed the phone from one working to bricked so randomly?

Thank you.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try charging it for a bit(least a couple hours) and then a battery pull and reboot.

OP
A

aboveunlimited

Reaction score
Try charging it for a bit(least a couple hours) and then a battery pull and reboot.

Tried that with no luck. I even ran out to buy a second battery to test if that could be the source of the problem, however the problem persists.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You cannot get into Hboot nor recovery at all?

OP
A

aboveunlimited

Reaction score
The phone boots, but the screen remains black. The capacitative buttons are at times responsive and the phone may still vibrate or make noise, however all whilst the screen remains black.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you have a PB31IMG from somewhere on your SD card?

OP
A

aboveunlimited

Reaction score
No, although somehow the problem disappeared on its own. I was able to boot into HBoot and restore all. At some point after it was up and running, horizontal black lines appeared across the screen, but after a restart they were gone again. I'm still not sure how each problem (original and horizontal lines) arose, or how either was solved, but as for now they're resolved.

Thank you for your help.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, although somehow the problem disappeared on its own. I was able to boot into HBoot and restore all. At some point after it was up and running, horizontal black lines appeared across the screen, but after a restart they were gone again. I'm still not sure how each problem (original and horizontal lines) arose, or how either was solved, but as for now they're resolved.

Thank you for your help.

I'm scratching my head on this one as well.:icon_eek: Regardless I'm glad it's working for you now.