1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HELP!! BB 1.2 & chevy's 1.2OC Kernel

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by blacka4, Mar 6, 2010.

1. blacka4

blacka4 New Member

Gang,
    I'm new to the forum and wanted to thank you all for the wonderful information and assistance.

I am having a problem with Pete's BB 1.2 & Chevy's OC 1.2 kernel. I sometimes get freezing when trying to turn on the display. I also sometimes once a day I get a random Reboot.

I have no idea what is causing this. I think I might try a nanroid fresh install of the OS but before I loose all my apps and txt messages I wanted to make sure this would help fix my problem. If you need to know about anytihng else about my phone let me know so i can somehow find a way to fix my 2 problems
  2. 3083joe

3083joe New Member

I think we all run into these problems being these roms r not perfect so a reinstall probably wont help
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Install one of the other kernels. Back then I could run Chevy's 1.25, but could not run his 1.2. Now with Pete's ESE53 I can run Chevy's 1.1, but I can not run either his 1.2 or 1.25.

Not everything works on every Droid.
  4. blacka4

blacka4 New Member

thank you for the info. I will try another kernel. I realize that with these ROMS nothing is perfect. I was basically looking for info if others where having these issues that I was.

Thanks guys...keep the suggestions coming
  5. SANhacker

SANhacker New Member

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I installed BB yesterday and then installed Chevy's 1.1 kernel. Like you said, reboots, freezing, etc. So I reinstalled BB via nandroid and all is fine. Just trying to decide on an OC kernel at the moment.
  6. blacka4

blacka4 New Member

could you let me know what kernel you decide on. I am going to do a nandroid install later tonight hopefully. can someone enlighten me on what info I loose when I install this way? I have text messages I would like to save but don't have too. I can download all the photos and what not. nothing really importatnt there