HELP ...app has stopped unexpectedly

Shepherd Jim

Reaction score
Last night my Droid froze up with the screen black. I would up having to pull and re-insert the battery.

Some of my important apps - Calendar, ToDo Task Manager -Pro are back to normal.

But most of the installed apps will not start. I tap on their icon and they start to start but then a gray window opens:

Sorry!
The application noodle [for example] (process com.makeramen.noodles) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
..and then there's a "Force close" button at the bottom of the little window.
I don't have any idea what to do -- will appreciate any assistance!
Jim

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You may need to go into the ones that are FC'ing and clear their data and cache.

DroidForums junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Settings>apps>manage apps then find the offenders and clear the data and cache.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also it might help to diagnose the cause of the problem. Did you recently make any changes to the phone before it froze up on you. Also have you tried another reboot/battery pull?

tappin and a talkin

OP
Shepherd Jim

Shepherd Jim

Reaction score
okay, I've been doing the Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/ thing but nothing has changed. The apps that "close unexpectedly" -- I'm getting the sense you guys call this an "FC" (force close) are STILL not opening.

I'd be REALLY FRANTIC except for the fact that most of the really important apps (to me at least): HanDBase, Google Contacts & Calendar, My Day and ToDo Task Manager -Pro arw working.

GMail is okay. Yahoo Mail is NOT

OP
Shepherd Jim

Shepherd Jim

Reaction score
Update:

If I uninstall an app and then go to the Market and re-download and install it, that app then works fine.

I've done that with ClipNote (purchased) and Color Timer (free) so far.

OP
Shepherd Jim

Shepherd Jim

Reaction score
I continue to uninstall each app -- one by one. Then go to the Market and re-download and install each. They all seem to work again just fine. A couple have even "seen" that there was a backed up data set on the SD card and asked if I wanted to load same.

Is there some mechanism (process? app?) which would automatically re-install all the apps I have installed?