Help an Edge newbie!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge & S7 Active' started by LoneWolfArcher, Mar 12, 2016.

1. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +627
    So what is the edge functionality capable of? Best uses? Please help me, I'm not seeing a lot of value in the Edge so far.

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    This may help..

Edge panels

The edge screen gets far more shortcuts and tools with the S7 Edge. The People edge, a menu of favorite contacts is still there, but it's joined by the Apps edge menu, which shows your most frequently used apps and the Tasks edge, where you can add shortcuts of things you do often with your phone (such as taking a selfie or creating a new calendar event).

There are also new panels of information from Yahoo News, Yahoo Sports, Yahoo Finance, your calendar, weather and more. You can customize the Edge screen in settings, removing panels you don't want and downloading new ones from the Samsung app store.

Edge feed
    Swipe a finger back and forth along either edge when the screen is off to see the Edge feed. It's a tiny display of helpful information, like missed calls, messages, sports scores and news updates. You can swipe up and down along the edge to move between feeds, which include Yahoo News, Yahoo Finance stock information, and your step count from the built-in S Health pedometer.

Edge lighting
    Just like with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, the S7 Edge's screen will light up when someone calls or texts you. When the phone is resting screen down, the edge will glow when you get an incoming call or text. If the person calling you is one of the contacts in your People edge the screen will glow with whichever color you've assigned them -- either blue, green, purple, yellow or orange.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LoneWolfArcher

Ratings:
    +627
    Thanks Jeffrey. Still getting used to the functionality on this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Keep playing and you should find all kinds of good stuff..

• Like Like x 1
  5. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +951
    I VERY rarely use the edge on my S6. In fact, the only reason I bought it was to show my customers why they probably don't need it. I like that Sammy added a little more functionality to the Edge, but I will be sticking with the regular S7 for my upgrade in May.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    I agree that most people will rarely use the edge features, even with the increased functionality on the Edge S7. I kept the edge features on for a couple of days, but I never actually used them, so I turned all of them off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LoneWolfArcher

Ratings:
    +627
    I am finding it handy to quickly swipe back and forth on edge to see my notifications without unlocking the phone. Though it is easier to do that on my Moto 360.

8. Firefighter912

Firefighter912 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Current Phone Model:
    Buying
    Edge is good for the battery and screen..only reason i got it