Help a n00bie out? :)

itsmontoya

Reaction score
Hi all! I've been looking into installing a rom on my Droid2 for quite some time now. I'm absolutely sick of the bloatware!

Could someone direct me to a tutorial on the process of installing Liberty ROM?

I'm sure this has been asked before, I greatly apologize if you read this a lot! I'll be searching around in the meantime.

OP
I

itsmontoya

Reaction score
Rut roh! Might have done something wrong here.

- I rooted my phone
- Used the Droid2 Bootstrapper
- Installed from the ZIP file using the Droid2 Bootstrapper Bootloader
- It said that the Liberty2 Rom installed successfully so I chose the "Reboot option"
- Now I'm stuck at the Liberty Logo, which occasionally does a 360.

Any ideas?

trook

Reaction score
The instructions are on the liberty rom thread. If you need button by button and step by step instructions go to the hacking rom install class thread located in the droid 2 hacks section, links to boostrap and instructions are there. Happy flashing!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
Give it about 5 whole minutes before freaking out. Its very hard to permanently damage your phone. All you can really do is create more work for yourself.

OP
I

itsmontoya

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. I'm pretty calm at the moment, just started laughing when I noticed it was acting funky. I'll let it sit here for another 5 min and see if anything changes.

trook

Reaction score
Did you wipe cache / data and more importantly did you mount system?

OP
I

itsmontoya

Reaction score
I think I forgot this step:
"-select "wipe data/factory reset"

:| woops

trook

Reaction score
Well we'll see, if it just keeps looping we'll figure it out from there.

OP
I

itsmontoya

Reaction score
I booted to the recovery mode (X+Power ON) and cleared the cache. When I rebooted, the Liberty logo did a 360 once and then went to an "Android" simple animation.

30 seconds later I was logging into my google account :].

thanks for the help!

trook

Reaction score
no problem, once you get going go to the market and download the newest version of liberty toolbox. You'll like it.

jeagolf

Reaction score
I have the same problem of the liberty logo just going in circles, but I did do the clear data prior, and I can not get it to boot now into recover mode?? thoughts??

OP
I

itsmontoya

Reaction score
Holding down the 'X' on the physical keyboard and the power button until the Android logo with an exclamation point appears doesn't work?

I had to take out my battery to get the phone to turn off during the looping process.

I'll be checking in on this thread throughout the day to help you out as best I can buddy.

jeagolf

Reaction score
Dude ill admit it I was the retard. It was super late I don't function well at 2am! Long story short as soon as I removed the power cord from the phone, the whole taking the battery out worked! Lol

Now if I can just get the whole avatar screens to load, visual voicemal ill be ok..... I think!

OP
I

itsmontoya

Reaction score
Dude ill admit it I was the retard. It was super late I don't function well at 2am! Long story short as soon as I removed the power cord from the phone, the whole taking the battery out worked! Lol

Now if I can just get the whole avatar screens to load, visual voicemal ill be ok..... I think!

Oh nice! So you got it up and running? :D awesome dude

I have yet to try visual voicemail. I hate checking my voicemail so it's probably something I should look into. Is there a monthly service charge from Verizon for using this service?

jeagolf

Reaction score

Oh nice! So you got it up and running? :D awesome dude

I have yet to try visual voicemail. I hate checking my voicemail so it's probably something I should look into. Is there a monthly service charge from Verizon for using this service?

Yeah there is a charge. but for now I can not seem to find it. I tried the download the blur one that is in this section but I can not get it to install. The VZW version kind of sucks to be honest with you.