Help! 4th replacement going on #5!!

xan

Reaction score
The last one I sent In I wrote on the 'certified' sticker "this phone is broken, please don't send it to anyone else!"

Its amazing to see so many folks saying we are not having theses issues and/or accusing us of damaging them.

One thing is for sure, fedex is making a fortune off this warranty scam VRZ is running on us.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
The last one they sent me, had display issues out the box. I sent it back to them the next day and kept the one I have now. They sent me 3 in a row that had issues, so I just kept mine that has a issue with the bottom right of the screen with touch, just have to press harder or twice.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

xan

Reaction score
The last one they sent me, had display issues out the box. I sent it back to them the next day and kept the one I have now. They sent me 3 in a row that had issues, so I just kept mine that has a issue with the bottom right of the screen with touch, just have to press harder or twice.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

We gotta be more proactive!
Insist on getting credit for a months service for time lost dealing with tier one CS having you reset a bone stock phone and needing to stay home for fedex signature!

Remind me, what are we paying them for again?

SERVICE.

btw google "verizon refurbish complaint" or "*th refurbished verizon broken"

Misphit917

Reaction score
i have a Droid x which I got from a friend brand new because she bought an I phone she complained about the phone rebooting all the time. Once I got the phone I rooted it and blocked all application
Relating to motor blur and notices the random rebooting had stopped so I did a back up and installed liberty 1.5 which took some work, but since then I have had no issue.

jeremybeckham

Reaction score
On #5 Droid X in 5 months..... Verizon has decided to send me a brand new Thunderbolt. Which I am thankful since its free. Its nice to see they take care of their clients. This is why I joined verizon and why I will not leave, they are loyal

OP
C

camaroguy93

Reaction score
On #5 Droid X in 5 months..... Verizon has decided to send me a brand new Thunderbolt. Which I am thankful since its free. Its nice to see they take care of their clients. This is why I joined verizon and why I will not leave, they are loyal
Well, they aren't loyal. We are. I asked for a thunderbolt and they told me I couldn't since it was too new of a phone. How did you obtain one so easily?

OP
C

camaroguy93

Reaction score
UPDATE TO ALL:

The Droid X I received today is working just fine, no known issues yet, but I will definitely post here first thing if any problems arise.

:)

jeremybeckham

Reaction score
Well, they aren't loyal. We are. I asked for a thunderbolt and they told me I couldn't since it was too new of a phone. How did you obtain one so easily?

X #5 would only boot up in safe mode, so I called Tech support and as we were working through the issues. I mentioned to the lady that Motorola phones for me have not been positive. But that I loved Verizon, and I would hate to have to drop to lines who happen to be up. I offered to pay the 2 year rate and extend 2 yrs from when the new phone was activated. Also offered to pay difference between cost of Tbolt less the cost of the X. (399 for X and 576 for Tbolt) This was the way I thought it was going to go down. But the lady told me that there was going to be no charge, and that the phone would be new. (She had said before that it may be a pre-owned phone)

The key I think was that I went through the hoops and made it out that it was a Motorola issues that were screwing me. (also helped that she had mentioned that she had 8 other calls of people who had serious issues with Droid X earlier that day)

I realize I got lucky, but I was able to charm her enough (i guess) to take it to her manager and see if she could authorize a switch, She did ask me whether I wanted an Iphone or Tbolt. I like the android and big screen, so I went tbolt.

xan

Reaction score
so what was her name and what call center was she in? or can you have her call me please?

glad its working out for some customers....

Xtremelyfrustrated

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my 3rd "cerified" phone. They didn't all have he same problem, but they all had problems. "Cerified like new" is a bunch of crap! I originally purchased my Droid2 in May. Why i'm getting this certified crap makes me very angry. The 2nd one came yesterday and within 15 minutes I was calling them because all the letters didn't type on the keyboard. They had me to reset it and then we discovered that it was not recogninizng the SD card. So they will overnight me another "certified." I just hung up with them again and they made me a lovely offer. You can puchase a new phone at a discounted price of $199.00. WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't I just buy a new phone from you in May? How is that a deal for me, to pay you another $199.00. My original phone, had a defected slider.

Except for the fact that these are certified, and guaranteed to work exactly as advertised. So when every one else can run an app fine, and this one phone cannot, it's not the apps fault, it is a faulty phone, therefore qualifying for another phone to be sent out.
It's apparently not just one phone though. It's 5. I seriously doubt anyone would see 5 totally stock phones of any make/model do exactly the same things for one user and not everyone else. Sure we've seen random reboots, force closing, Wi-Fi, issues which are evident on probably 90% of Droid X phones. The OP however seems to have a much larger issues on 5 phones so far which just makes no statistical sense to me given Motorola's general quality.

I just don't see 5 phones that are purported to be certified refurbished phones all being crap if the user is not inadvertently doing something wrong. Thus my suggestion to keep it stock and work with it that way to see if he/she can test it at each step to see where the problem first occurs.

Sure, I don't doubt there may be a bad run of chips here and there or there are some runs that were made on a particularly bad Friday but for one random user to get all 5 of them from that bad run, that's extremely unlikely.

People don't buy phones to work around the issues of a phone, thats not how they are marketed or sold. We buy phones and expect them to work as they say they are going to work, and when they don't, you deserve a replacement.
My 75 year old parents maybe but, in today's technology age, one can surely peruse the forums of any item out there and discover post after post on how that printer is garbage, that flashlight needs to be held a certain way for it to work right, or this or that phone needing to be lovingly coaxed into working right.

Unfortunately, the days of buying an item and expecting flawless operation are over and every purchase is a crap shoot. You can believe it all you want but the reality is likely something more grim and less satisfying than you or I would like. No purchase is flawless and, given the rapid advances in and relatively early state of the technology of smart phones, we are only in the infancy here and we are all early adopters whether you see it or not. I'd LIKE to expect things to work as you suggest but I've seen more failures than successes in the last 5-10 years.

Beka27

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my 3rd "cerified" phone. They didn't all have he same problem, but they all had problems. "Cerified like new" is a bunch of crap! I originally purchased my Droid2 in May. Why i'm getting this certified crap makes me very angry. The 2nd one came yesterday and within 15 minutes I was calling them because all the letters didn't type on the keyboard. They had me to reset it and then we discovered that it was not recogninizng the SD card. So they will overnight me another "certified." I just hung up with them again and they made me a lovely offer. You can puchase a new phone at a discounted price of $199.00. WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't I just buy a new phone from you in May? How is that a deal for me, to pay you another $199.00. My original phone, had a defected slider.

Soooo... you're just searching old "CLNR" threads and bumping them up to complain about having phone issues and being offered a new phone?

Get a grip. Seriously.

Xtremelyfrustrated

Reaction score
Soooo... you're just searching old "CLNR" threads and bumping them up to complain about having phone issues and being offered a new phone?

Get a grip. Seriously.

Seriously, and you really took the time out of your schedule to post that reply. Gee Thanks for your support.

nuclear_eve

Reaction score
Reboots are a known problem on dx/d2's while stock. It seems to be something with MotoBlur not liking something else thats stock because with an aosp rom they dont have many (if any) random reboots.....

It's not a Moto problem- I'm having spontaneous reboots on my HTC Incredible. It's been reset to factory settings, replaced once, battery replaced etc. And still the problem continues. At this point, I'd love to know what I can do to stop the reboots from happening, because really my phone has become almost unusable and I've tried the recommended fixes with no luck.