HELP! .4 boot loop

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by alm0614, Jul 10, 2010.

1. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

I am running the original froyo leak.. I just went to install the update.zip of .4, i didnt not wipe anything, as i was hoping i wouldnt have to, and it got stuck in a boot loop.. do i need to wipe or just maybe got a bad download
  2. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Sp recovery! Flash it and get clean installs....CM will install crap good, or bad...use my sig bro...it is bible...
  3. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

I'm using SPRecovery
  4. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Install SD woody froyo as update...fin
  5. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

I want BB, if you arent gonna help me get BB v0.4 then thank you but no thank you
  6. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Just install FRF84 BB over your froyo~! Can it get worse?
  7. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

step by step.. what are you saying to do
  8. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Wipe too if at will, BB works...thank P3Droid for leaking that to your master...P3Droid still kills..........................!~
  9. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

anyone else?
  10. Johnly

Johnly Guest

go to rescue squad if you are that lost....they can save you....
  11. gozmon

gozmon New Member

You are not alone ALM064, I have the same here. BB.4 boot loop. I'm coming from First froyo BB with Wifi Patch and using SPRecovery. I just get an endless loop at the big "M".
  12. Raziel36

Raziel36 New Member

Just go into recovery and wipe data.. it's a pain, I know, but the only option to get it done quickly. Did you, by chance, use ROM manager? If so, did you also tell it to install a new kernal? If it's not a kernal issue, then definitely the easiest route is data wiping.
  13. gozmon

gozmon New Member

I wasn't using ROM manager. I use SPRecover.

I wiped the phone and no joy. I was starting to suspect a kernel mis-match before. Unfortunately, I am not very familiar with how to debug that. Can you point me towards a tutorial or an information rich thread?
  14. Raziel36

Raziel36 New Member

Have you overclocked your phone to 800Mhz before? This ROM installs a kernal as part of the install process, so the kernal shouldn't be a problem unless your phone just can't handle the clock speed. Are you able to get your phone to work again by restoring a previous nandroid backup?
  15. gozmon

gozmon New Member

back-up works great. I've rolled back to stock 2.1 for now. I had the first BB froyo working with the wifi patch. that was FRF57. I can't seem to get past that. I dont' think that one clocked to 800. it looked like it mostly ran at 600. I do have an early Verizon Droid. I got mine back in November '09. I can't seem to find much info about which phones can overclock to what speed. is it just "hit and miss"?
  16. Raziel36

Raziel36 New Member

I got mine In November, as well, and mine handles 1250mhz, no problem. It appears to be very hit or miss. You could try updating to .4 again, with a wipe, and if it still bootloops, go back into recovery and do an advanced restore and only have the Boot restored(from the froyo that worked), that should give you the kernal that you know works, I believe. If it still loops, then you'd know it wasn't the kernal, at least.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  17. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

after a wipe it worked fine.. just a PIA
  18. gozmon

gozmon New Member

The first time I only wiped cache. that didn't work. then I went for the full wipe. that didn't work ether. I'm not sure why, but I decided to try it one more time, both wipe and load. this time it worked... for a little while.

The Droid started hesitating and finally locked up. It was pretty warm too. I powered down and let it cool down. on power up, I went strait to the store and grabbed "open overclocker". Pulled the clock down to 600MHz and we (me & my Droid) have been happy ever since.

My best guess... the first time I loaded BB.4 was after allot of tinkering around. the Droid may have already been too hot for 800MHz. I guess I'll have to leave overclocking behind. Too bad... 800MHz felt good. I'm jealous that Rasiel36 gets 1.2G... sweet.

Thanks for all the help!
Search tags for this page

droid 4 boot loop