1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Helloo from my RAZR

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by maomao, Feb 18, 2013.

1. maomao

maomao New Member

I have had a mobile phone for 13 years, and ditched my landline almost half that long ago. Being in my early 50s, I guess I am older than many who were eager to fire their local phone company, lol. Almost 3 years ago I graduated to a smartphone. My original Motorola Droid was also my first phone sans contract and not purchased from Verizon. My current phone is my Droid RAZR.

My phone is not rooted and I have never rooted a phone. I am still using the default text program, even. I switched once, do not recall the app, but did not like it so deleted it. I really miss being able to delete multiple texts simultaneously without deleting the whole thread.

I still cannot set up my work Outlook so that I do not have to log in to webmail every time I want to check in. Wish I could figure that one out.

Will definitely be on the lookout for apps and tips here, though desperate necessity brought me first, lol - nobody who calls can hear me, aargh.
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Have you checked into the K9 email app for your email?
  3. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the forums! :) Glad to have ya with us! And I'm not to far behind ya in age :) ugh
  4. maomao

maomao New Member

@smalltown, thank you, and thanks for the email suggestion. I may find success and I may not, I know... I work at a clinic associated with a medical school, so they might have our email built to not work with an outside client. I can have fun trying, lol.

@ Shadez, thanks. :) I really just mentioned age to reinforce that some researchers are wrong when they conclude that it is just the next gens behind us that are loosing themselves from those tangled faded phone chords. ;)
  5. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)
  6. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome aboard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  7. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Hope all is going well. DancingNexus
  8. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member